MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Considering Luke Rockhold vs. Vitor Belfort for Later This Year   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

The middleweight division is going through more than a few changes lately with some of the top contenders losing and new challengers emerging at the top.

One familiar face that planted himself back in the race was former UFC champion Vitor Belfort, who took care of Michael Bisping in dramatic fashion earlier this month with a head kick knockout at UFC on FX 7.

While Belfort is still likely a couple of fights away from possibly earning a rematch with champion Anderson Silva, he can still climb the ladder by beating other top contenders along the way.

The fighter most likely to find himself standing across the Octagon from Belfort next is former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold...

Link

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Love it. Book it.
Im not sure why Vitor was calling out Jones after his fight with Bisping. He needs to stay at MW, hes more cut, he just looks better all around. A win against Rockhold would put him back in there against Silva.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Love it. Book it.
Im not sure why Vitor was calling out Jones after his fight with Bisping. He needs to stay at MW, hes more cut, he just looks better all around. A win against Rockhold would put him back in there against Silva.

I can see Vitor thinking hey I had him in trouble with a full camp I think I stand a chance. I don't know that I agree but I can see a guy thinking it. I mentioned thinking Rockhold Belfort would be a fun scrap in another thread I hope they make it happen.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Love it. Book it.

I can see Vitor thinking hey I had him in trouble with a full camp I think I stand a chance. I don't know that I agree but I can see a guy thinking it. I mentioned thinking Rockhold Belfort would be a fun scrap in another thread I hope they make it happen.

I see what you mean, its makes sense now on why hed want to fight Jones. he clearly thinks if hes getting a shot, hed have a better chance vs Jones than Silva

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Yeah going back to LHW makes no sense to me. This is a good fight that makes sense to me.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Could possibly be a title shot. Which I won't mind of Rockhold wins, but not if Vitor wins. Just saw him fight Silva and Jones.

And that's why I favored Weidman being a title contender, b/c Silva clearing the division except for the new SF guys.

I think I might just give Rockhold a title shot and scrap the Vitor fight just to see Silva fight instead of waiting to get a title contender and possibly one he just beat in Vitor.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

if the vitor that fought bisping comes to that fight, i say rockhold gets hurt.

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

Good fight,Good night Belfort KO

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

My guess is probably Brazil card in June
With werdum vs big nog as well

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

especially since Rockhold is slower than Bisping no one he can avoid strikes from Vitor

Abel_Black » Posted 11/13/12 5:41:00PM

I hope Rockhold can win in dramatic fashion. Belfort is great but he's been at the top already. I say give Rockhold a chance. Should be a great fight though.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by tcunningham

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

[View Full Version of this Page]