MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fox to Remove Sports from FX, Re-Brand Speed and Fuel TV as Fox Sports 1 & 2   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A Monday report indicates that Fox is busy with a major re-branding effort intended to ax sports from FX, and relaunch the Speed Channel and Fuel TV.

Link

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

With no more fx shows
I wonder if Ufc increases fuel tv shows significant
Or increase ppv this year will maybe even the return of
A free ppv number event on fuel tv

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Great, because that won't make things any less confusing

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

The UFC can't dig this. At least in my area anyhow less people have Speed than have FX and even less have FUEL. In my area FX is on basic cable, Speed is on semi basic and FUEL is part of a separate sports package. Unless they move "Fox Sports 1 and 2" to basic cable channels which I doubt they will, far less people will be able to view the UFC.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

You are right. I do pay a extra package for fuel
Just for Ufc. Not much though like 3 extra bucks a month

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Probably a good decision in the long run.

LuckyCharms » Posted 3/28/11 6:57:00PM

I believe this is a bad decision on FOX, FX is already established in almost all TV basic cable. FX is the only channel (Besides FOX main channel) that can rival with Spike new MMA fights from Bellator.

This situation can prove to advantage for Bellator and Spike TV, and a disadvantage for UFC in TV rating and attracting new causal MMA fans.

Btw Will FOX put TUF series on Fox sports channel or will FOX leave them on FX in the future ?

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Does this mean the end of TUF? Hopefully.

I don't have Fuel and hate watching on the crappy streams.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Well I get Speed currently and don't get Fuel TV...so i welcome this move in a selfish way.

What I thought worked best was putting the UFC on a channel that had the right demographics - young males...something like 18-35. That's where Spike seemed to be a good fit. I'm not sure whether the UFC perceives "Fox Sports 1" as the same demographic "fit" so-to-speak.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

That would make for seven fox channels where I live. Fox, fx, fox deportes, fox sports west 1 and fox sports west 2 are all already on basic, non-digital cable.

If these new channels were on basic cable nationwide though, with a similar if not greater reach than fx, I'd be all for it.

Oh and if they start playing entire cards, that would be great. Fuel plays old fights all fucking day, don't put six fights on facebook and then six on fuel.... No reason not to put all 10-12 on there.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

noooo i get FX for free

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I don't get speed or fuel............
Yo ho,yo ho, a pirates life for me.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

This is beyond lame.

I don't get fuel nor speed

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

FX with its shows and sports was the best cable network. Luckily I have SPEED but no FUEL.

[View Full Version of this Page]