MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Manager Ortiz: Since Rousey got tuneup fight, only fair Santos gets one too   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

The dance of contract negotiation continues between the UFC and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, said her manager, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz. Their desire for a tuneup fight could be a sticking point.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

I think Chuck did more damage ro Tito than we originally thought. The reason Santos gets no respect is because she tested positive. With that being said, I think she should get a tuneup fight before she fights Rousey. One reason is it will drum up interest after UFC fans see her smash whoever she might fight

#2 UFC 112 Points
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

If she can make BW give her a fight with Tate. I have no problem with Cyborg getting a tune up fight before a title shot. .

Posted by sparky

If she can make BW give her a fight with Tate. I have no problem with Cyborg getting a tune up fight before a title shot. .

#2 UFC 112 Points

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

Posted by sparky

Hell no, Miesha's face is too pretty for that. Give her Sarah Kaufman, probably a better match up strength wise.

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Hell no, Miesha's face is too pretty for that. Give her Sarah Kaufman, probably a better match up strength wise.

I agree. Would it be too inappropriate if the UFC were to separate the women's divisions into a pretty class and a, well, not so pretty class?

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Sweet megadome, way to call that title fight coming up a tune up.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Makes sense on the fighter side and the business side. It tests her at a new weight class after a suspension, drums up interest for the title fight, and all the hardcore fans get to see a smashing!

[View Full Version of this Page]