MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
JDS' 'personal issue' was divorce   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Former UFC Heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos was dealing with the collapse of his 10-year marriage heading into the fight Brazilian reporter Guilherme Cruz has revealed.

Link

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i hate this. Cain tore his acl before he got KOd & never made an excuse. JDS shouldve followed suit after his ass whooping. Not saying a divorce after 10 yrs of marriage wouldnt affect a guy, but no reason to label it as the reason he got 50-45ed & worse

kizzane » Posted 4/28/11 8:53:00PM

Seems to me that it might even be a catalyst to throw a beating on someone.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I liked the over usage of Creatine EXCUSE better......patiently waiting for my dog ate my "Gameplan" EXCUSE next week......

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

SOMEHOW...... I know this involves belly shots and a stripper named Odessa....or a baby with Cauliflower Ears.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by kizzane

Seems to me that it might even be a catalyst to throw a beating on someone.

Same thing I was thinking.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

JDS should definitely have to fight at least one person before he gets another shot at Cain. I personally would like Overeem to get the next shot (if he makes it through Bigfoot) and then see JDS vs Cormier.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

That sucks but its still not something that should interfere with your fight, imo

When my dad died I went to work that same day and my Boss was the one that TOLD me to take a week off. I was sad as shit but I had a job to do and I did it

Edit: Before anyone says fighting is a whole different ballgame, I know

Travesty145 » Posted 9/28/11 6:59:00PM

that shit will definitely affect a guy. as a fighter myself i can completely blame my first loss on a breakup. and that was just a girlfriend of 7 months. i could only imagine a wife of 10 years

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Again, I must be missing something. I have seen JDS be nothing but humble since entering the UFC. He is asked by a reporter what factors he think contributed to the loss. JDS responds with: Cain implemented his game plan better, and he had some personal issues so he didn't believe his head was in the right place. Turns out the "personal issue" was a divorce. Any man who thinks a divorce should not affect all other areas of your life has obviously spent every night of their adult life with a bottle of lotion and a keyboard next to them. Divorce is never easy and I give JDS props for going out and fighting no matter what.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Not lying I quit training all together because my wife and I split up. I was head trainer for a kid that had crazy talent. Just lost my balance a while.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Boo. Move on.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

When I have problems with women. It is hard to focus and work. Just saying

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Not a big JDS fan, don't like to hear excuses (except Tito's) but I honestly feel for the guy! Good God that must be terible!!

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Posted by Travesty145

that shit will definitely affect a guy. as a fighter myself i can completely blame my first loss on a breakup. and that was just a girlfriend of 7 months. i could only imagine a wife of 10 years

Your opponent beat you = Reason you lost

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]