MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bellator 85 results: Michael Chandler, Pat Curran defend titles   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

One had a thrilling finish, and the other was 25 minutes of back-and-forth striking. In the end, both lightweight champion Michael Chandler and featherweight champ Pat Curran defended their belts at Bellator 85. Plus, three fighters punched tickets into the semifinals of the Season 8 light heavyweight tournament.

The event, which kicked off Bellator's eighth season and its move to Spike TV, took place at Bren Events Center on the campus of the University of California-Irvine.

When it came down to it, Michael Chandler made it look rather easy...

Full Story

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I really liked the Curran / Freire fight. Curran's boxing looked real good. I think he could have ended it if he was more aggressive.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Fell asleep pretty early in the event...kind of like Guymon

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Fun fight's all around, Chandler looks like a beast.

Can't wait to see King Mo!

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I was shocked that one of the judges gave the fight to Pitbull. It was a good close fight but there is no way Curran lost three rounds.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

I was shocked that one of the judges gave the fight to Pitbull. It was a good close fight but there is no way Curran lost three rounds.

I agree, definitely should have been a UD, but at least the right guy won

[View Full Version of this Page]