MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Marquardt's UFC return rocked, Cormier calls out Jones   [View Full Version]
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Nate Marquardt's anticipated return to the UFC was thrown into major doubt after he was hammered by Tarec Saffiedine in Saturday's final Strikeforce event, on a night when Daniel Cormier sent a message to Jon Jones.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Hasn't earned Jones, doesn't even fight in the same division.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I brought this up last night in the van, I thought Cormier looked way better against Barnett, than he did beating Staring. He looked pretty winded after those 2 rounds.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

The Frank Mir fight seems like a good direction to go in for now. I wouldn't mind seeing him go directly to LHW though.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Hasn't earned Jones, doesn't even fight in the same division.

True, but the comments were in response to him being asked if he was going to drop weight. He said he fights Mir on April 20 on Fox and he would "Let Jon defend his title on the 27th and kick his ass in the fall." I don't mind the idea. Jones is fighting Sonnen after all and who else should get the fight that he hasn't already run through? If Cormier can get the flab off let it happen. Dangerous striking and probably one of the only guys who can take Jones down.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think he jumped the gun calling out jones, i think DC had a poor performance against staring. i know the jones call out wasnt really serious being that he hasnt even come to the ufc yet nor has he fought a top ufc HW, but still.

i do think he needs to move to LHW and sooner rather than later. i know he can probably make a pretty good run at HW but i think his real chances at big paydays and big fame is at LHW.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Idk I liked the jones call out. The only other person in a long time to call him out was chael, and that was mostly just picking a fight. Cormier is calling him out as a legit threat and many people truly believe he could win. Also, to call out jones it takes balls, I like his balls.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by airkerma

Idk I liked the jones call out. The only other person in a long time to call him out was chael, and that was mostly just picking a fight. Cormier is calling him out as a legit threat and many people truly believe he could win. Also, to call out jones it takes balls, I like his balls.

I like his balls too

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Calling out a heavyweight then a light heavyweight is contradicting

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

No it isn't. It would be contradicting if he was currently a LHW and then called out a heavyweight, followed by a LHW.

That would mean he would go up, and then back down.

However, he called out Mir who is currently in his weight class, and then Jones who is in the weight class below him.

This means that Cormier is looking to slowly make a drop to LHW and wants to take a fight in the mean time.

Nope, not contradictory at all.

Travesty145 » Posted 9/28/11 6:59:00PM

if youre not chael sonnen, bj penn, or frankie edgar then y would u assume u get a shot in your first fight in a division u never fought in?

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by airkerma

I like his balls too

I just like balls

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Calling out Jones when he WON'T have the belt? Not too smart....but hey, different strokes for different folks

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I brought this up last night in the van, I thought Cormier looked way better against Barnett, than he did beating Staring. He looked pretty winded after those 2 rounds.

Prolly because he didn't train for that bum.

[View Full Version of this Page]