MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
More than 16 Years Later, Belfort is Still Relevant and Dangerous   [View Full Version]
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

It’s February 7, 1997, a little over three years since the first UFC. It’s before the current regulations, and competitors are still permitted to fight more than once a night.

Link

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i say give him a HOF spot when he retires. i think he's earned it already and like the story says, he's still relevant.

on a different note, this story reminded me of the awesomeness of Kazushi Sakuraba. that guy beat people he never should have. if there was a MMA hall of fame that covers all the organizations, Kazushi Sakuraba would have a comfortable spot.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i say give him a HOF spot when he retires. i think he's earned it already and like the story says, he's still relevant.

on a different note, this story reminded me of the awesomeness of Kazushi Sakuraba. that guy beat people he never should have. if there was a MMA hall of fame that covers all the organizations, Kazushi Sakuraba would have a comfortable spot.

I agree 100% I have started a list that I call the MMA HOF and Sakuraba is the first guy I inducted to it and once Belfort retires I'll be adding him to it as well

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Relevant? Vitor? As relevant as scratched eye sockets and punches to the back of the head.....that kind of relevance? In that case - hells yeah!

[View Full Version of this Page]