MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Knapp: "If you're truly a fan of mixed martial arts, you can't be gender biased"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MuayThaiGeek13 » Posted 12/28/11 3:18:00PM

"If you're truly a fan of mixed martial arts, you can't be gender biased," Invicta Fighting Championship president Shannon Knapp said in a recent telephone interview. "If MMA is about fighters competing in actual weight divisions and having competitive fights, that's what we have. If you don't like that, you're not a true fan of the sport. You can't be gender biased and be a true fan."

"(The UFC is) only going with one division. We've got an entire roster of fighters in five weight classes. Even with the one division where we overlap, I mean, look at it like this: look where Liz was in her career a year ago. She lost to Coenen and Kaufman back-to-back. Then she came here, she looked good in winning her fights, and she started to assert herself and market herself. I'm not going to take the credit for it because it's all on Liz, but she had the opportunity here and she took it. That's the sort of thing we can still help with."Zelda

MuayThaiGeek13 » Posted 12/28/11 3:18:00PM

Ya hear that, fellas? It seems you have to enjoy and support female fighters in order to be a true fan of our beloved sport.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I can't relate to women because I'm not one. It's not that I have an issue with them in the sport, there's just a mental block preventing me from enjoying them in the cage as much as I could. It's like back when I was a kid playing video games. If given a choice, I always went with the male character. Nothing personal.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I can't relate to women because I'm not one. It's not that I have an issue with them in the sport, there's just a mental block preventing me from enjoying them in the cage as much as I could. It's like back when I was a kid playing video games. If given a choice, I always went with the male character. Nothing personal.

THIS

Unless of course I was playing resident evil. Jill was/is a badass

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout
It's like back when I was a kid playing video games. If given a choice, I always went with the male character. Nothing personal.

I used this same example the other day. You missed out on a lot of good characters by feeling this way just like you will miss out on a lot of good fights.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I like how she tries to guilt people and appeal to their ego at the same time.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout
It's like back when I was a kid playing video games. If given a choice, I always went with the male character. Nothing personal.

you missed out man

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

you missed out man

Nah. I never wavered from Sub-Zero.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

You can't control how other people think.

I'm all for it, I'm a fan of the sport. The woman have put on some good fights, sometimes ever better ones than the males.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

What if you're a hypnotist?

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by cowcatcher

or a hot chick?

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

or a hot chick?

Well played.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

is that why every other other sport has an equal male league as it it does female league..... i guess no one is a true fan of most sports then

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

or a hot chick?

Well played.

nah both control your actions. Satan controls your mind

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

the main reason i dont enjoy WMMA very much yet, is there just isnt as much talent yet. i know ronda rousey is an Olympian, and i'm not talking about her. there just isnt enough high level female athletes in the cage yet. male MMA has been established for way longer and there fore, it has attracted some of the best athletes in the world.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]