MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi added to UFC 158 in Montreal   [View Full Version]
DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

A lightweight matchup that seems sure to provide fireworks has been added to UFC 158 as Daron Cruickshank (12-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) meets John Makdessi (10-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC).

UFC officials on Friday evening announced the pairing.

Featuring a welterweight title fight between current champ Georges St-Pierre and former Strikeforce title holder Nick Diaz, UFC 158 takes place March 16 at Montreal's Bell Centre.

LINK

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

This is a sick fight! Both guys have KO power and technical stand up! I like Makdessi but not gonna count out Cruickshank that's for sure.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Great fight to add to what is quickly becoming a potential card of the year candidate in 2013.

Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz - for welterweight title
Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker
Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

WOW!!! Perfect match making right there! Makdessi got this

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

Great fight! shame one of them have to lose!

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

stand up lovers dream !!! i think cruickshank is the more well rounded guy, if he mixes in some takedowns then he should win.

Fucking great match up though, shame someone has to lose.

To me it just seems that the ufc are making better and better match ups and more frequently...just awesome

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Great fight to add to what is quickly becoming a potential card of the year candidate in 2013.

Gonna admit, reading this thread when I woke up, gave me a little morning wood

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Awesome fight I see this being a great stand up battle. I'm curious to see who uses there striking style more effectively.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

For sure!!

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

This is good matchmaking. Good step up for Cruickshank. I'll be routing for Cruickshank on this one.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

FOTN

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Three months is a long ways away from that card being
Exactly the same as now.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Heard about this while clothes shopping. Totally headbutted a mannequin. Fantastic matchup.

[View Full Version of this Page]