MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Less than 5,000 tickets sold for upcoming UFC 157 pay-per-view headlined by Ronda Rousey   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans may be enamored with the rise of Ronda Rousey, but they don't appear to be rushing to the box office to watch her fight Liz Carmouche, according to early ticket sales.

Link

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Those ticket sales are brutal.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Wtf? Dan and lyoto do their part??

Um they aren't the main event. Rousey is.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

I hope nobody is shocked by this. I'm all for WMMA but not main eventing UFC PPVs.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I dont see the big deal. The comain event is Hendo and Machida. The card is decent enough where sales should still be up. Plus who ever goes will get to see Rousey finish her fight with the armbar. Im sure the sales will go up.

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by Goatenstein

I hope nobody is shocked by this. I'm all for WMMA but not main eventing UFC PPVs.

agreed.. the card is pretty good but Rousey should not be the main event.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Can't have women headlining....

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I'm sure the UFC is unhappy with the ticket sales so far, but it can't be totally unexpected. This is the first time they're having women headline an event, and of course there are going to be some people out there that aren't interested because they're women, but if they put on a good show, and the highlights get shown on various outlets, it could make future events featuring the ladies easier to sell. I think the jury will be out on whether they can sell tickets for at least a year or two.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

With all the fighters pulling out of events recently I wouldn't buy a tickket that far out either. Who knows what you're actualy paying for?

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

This will probably be the closest UFC event to me all year, but I don't see myself going. Machida-Hendo will be epic. Faber-Menjivar should be solid too. Its not a terrible card, there are some good style matchups, but I just don't find it compelling for some reason.

I think Rousey-Carmouche would be one of the main reasons I would like to go though. First women's fight in UFC, first women's title fight.... history is cool.

MuayThaiGeek13 » Posted 12/28/11 3:18:00PM

I hope this is insight on the future of women headlining the most ferociously elite pool of fighters on the planet.

It doesn't seem that even the hard-cores care much about seeing women fight. I've never been fond of it. I feel like fans are being pressured into watching WMMA.

I like football but that doesn't mean i should have to watch women play football to. They simply aren't good. not even close.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Fuck I'd go!

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

I don't care what anybody says... Henderson vs Machida as a 5 Round main event is what should have happened, alongside a decent co main event.... and Rousey maybe opening the PPV card...

"But she's a champion and they should be a main event...."

Saying that, or believing it has any merit is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

This is too bad but hopefully with the event a month and a half away still people will still buy in. I wish I lived near there, I would go with a couple buddies seeing as I had so much fun at FOX 5 lol. I'll probs buy it on PPV because Rousey and Carmouche are both known for exciting fights and with a stellar card behind them I don't see why not.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by pmoney

I think Rousey-Carmouche would be one of the main reasons I would like to go though. First women's fight in UFC, first women's title fight.... history is cool.

That's the main reason i went to UFC 152 to watch the first ever flyweight title fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]