MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White undecided on bringing Josh Barnett to the UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Dana was very non-committal on the idea of Josh making the transition (via Tatame):

I do not know, we'll find out soon. We'll see.

LINK

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

Do it, I think Barnett would be a great addition to a pretty interesting HW division.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Talk about holding a grudge

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I can see Dana signing Barnett and feeding him to guys like JDS just so we can watch him take a beating and then cut him.

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

Barnett is a good hw who can stick around, win more than he loses, provide entertaining fights and be a gatekeeper to prospects....sign him!

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

I'd love to see Josh fight Roy Nelson!

UFC 151: Never Forget

LateCold » Posted 5/13/11 1:59:00AM

I like him, hopefully he does.I don't think he'd be at the top, but he could be a good gatekeeper of sorts weeding out top guys to possibly the top 5ish.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I'd love to see Josh fight Roy Nelson!

God yes!

That's exactly the fight I'm hoping to see as well.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Why not Dana, you stuck behind other users, Barnett has been clean for awhile now.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Talk about holding a grudge

You can't blame Dana though. Got caught while HW champ and got caught in a circumstance that contributed to the downfall of an entire organization. That's about as high profile as it gets. I say this as a huge Barnett fan, he went to the same high school as me (admittedly like 13 years prior, but still have a lot of love for the local guy).

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

I love Barnett, but can't blame White not wanting him considering he's failed three drug tests. He also still does pro-wrestling and that wouldn't be allowed if he was in the UFC, so could be a sticking point for signing him.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

I think he signs and gets thrown to the top of the division right away, & I think it would be well deserved. He would be coming of a win (and its a safe assumption that he will). Seeing how JDS has already beaten a lot of the top guys in the division (Werdum, Struve, Nelson, Gonzaga, Carwin, Mir) I wouldn't mind pairing the two. The only guys sort of at the top he didnt face excluding Cormier, who appears to be going to 205 anyway would be Kongo, Rothwell or Barnett. Barnett deff sounds like the most appealing match up of the 3. Although if Lavar Johnson knocks out Schuab I wouldn't mind seeing him & Junior throw bombs at eachother lol

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I hope Dana decides to let the grudge go and sign him, Barnett has consistently proved to be the one of the best for years and it's be tragic for him not to get one more shot in the UFC.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

no thanks i said it before ill say it again i like watching him fight but he but im done with him in the big leagues i just dont want to see him win fights that matter because i will always question if its legit

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

The HW really needs someone new to keep the division interesting. He would be a hypocrite to deny Barnett, but then again, I doubt Dana would have a problem being called that.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]