MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Despite fourth straight loss, White says Leonard Garcia's job secure   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

LAS VEGAS – Leonard Garcia still has a job, and perhaps emphatically so, despite another loss. Garcia on Saturday dropped a split decision to Max Holloway. But UFC President Dana White said Garcia's job is safe.

Link

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Usually I'm not a fan of these inconsistencies, but that fight was great and you can't just let a gamer like garcia walk away. I guess me and dana have 2 things in common, we're hypocrites and our middle names are ****ing.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i see why his job is secure, but one more loss and he gets the ax for sure. i wouldnt have blamed them for axing him right now because even though garcia is a gamer, he's not drawing the fans like he used to. he's been banished to the FB prelims

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Its kinda funny that the ONE decision Garcia actually deserved he doesn't get lol. Ironic

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Just wish other fighters were given this amount of leeway aswell.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Its kinda funny that the ONE decision Garcia actually deserved he doesn't get lol. Ironic

Absolutely.

It's ALWAYS fun to watch him fight, I can completely see why he's sticking around.

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

I have never been a big fan of Leonard, but one thing is for sure. He brings it to the cage every fight and leaves it all in the cage.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

I hate this decision. Literally hate it.

While Garcia always brings it, he's been given an number of chances that are absurd in light of his actual skillset. He's admitted in at least 1 interview that he knows his style may not be as technically effective but can win over the judges due to perception. Flail like a child, grunt a bit, and avoid the Mike Browns of the world.

I like his grace and respect for opponents at the end of fights. I do not like his style, I don't think he's good enough to be in the division, and I don't respect Rogan constantly fellating him on the mic. Garcia's got some redeeming qualities, but clean technique is not one of them.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by quezocrema0032

Absolutely.

It's ALWAYS fun to watch him fight, I can completely see why he's sticking around.

THIS

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I've loved watching Leonard for a long time, I think he's a lot better than he shows,but like Gurgel he'd rather go forward and fight for the knockout.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I like Garcia & I like that Dana is keeping him around but he did not win that fight.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Jeff Curran was clearly more competitive in the division than Garcia and yet he got cut after four.

Just goes to show that excitement is more important than skill/legitimacy.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I figured he would still be around. Whether you like him or not, he at least tries the whole fight, and doesn't give up or sit back and cruise to decisions.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

I don't mind this decision. I understand the backlash but there are worse and less exciting fighters the UFC could use to open the prelims with

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Meh. Can't stand watching him fight, personally. But whatever.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]