MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Illness knocks Goldberg from UFC 155 broadcast; Anik joins Rogan in booth   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by LateCold

Might take a bit of heat for this but I'd much rather have Goldberg.Anik is a bore on commentary and in a way feels like he has a lack of passion for the sport.

I like Anik but it seems more like a job rather than a passion. With all Goldberg's shortcomings, It seems (to me at least) that he has a genuine passion for the sport

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I've said it a million times, Anik is good taped (see: Old MMA LIVE on ESPN) but live he just isn't that good. I've also said it a million times, the UFC needs Todd Harris on the commentary.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

"illness"

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

I'd love to see them pair up Joe Rogan and the Voice. I think they would jive well together. I also thought Pat Millitich (spell check) was awesome and incredibly knowledgable. Big fan of Bas too but he can sometimes be too absorbed in the fight to talk.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Weird, I read that Bas Rutten was in for Goldie the other day, but I guess his account was hacked. But then he actually pulls out.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Weird, I read that Bas Rutten was in for Goldie the other day, but I guess his account was hacked. But then he actually pulls out.

Rogan and Bas would be incredible

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Posted by LateCold

Might take a bit of heat for this but I'd much rather have Goldberg.Anik is a bore on commentary and in a way feels like he has a lack of passion for the sport.

I think of him as a poor man's Bob Costas, would much rather have ass biting, cross dressing Marv Albert anyday

MuayThaiGeek13 » Posted 12/28/11 3:18:00PM

Im always excited about different combinations of commentators. It'll sure make the night more interesting. But if someone throws a teep kick I'll be thinking of Goldberg.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

Anyone except Goldberg. The guy's been doing this how long and still comes off like he doesn't know what he's talking about half the time?

Samps » Posted 9/26/11 2:46:00PM

Not a fan of Goldberg, but even less of a fan of Anik. You have the expertise in Rogan and it needs a balance. Just like in the Florian/Anik team, Goldberg/Rogan play off one another with one sounding a hell of a lot more knowledgable than the other. Submission attempts is where that shines. As awesome as Bas and Rogan would be, I actually think Harris would be a good balance to Rogan.

I also thought it was pretty suspicious when Dana said, "I don't know when he'll be back." Somethings up

fonduktoe » Posted 1/4/08 6:33:00PM

drug rehab

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

should be interesting...the alcohol finally caught up with goldie, no longer a functioning alcoholic.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

after his last brodcast, where he either appeared drunk, or had a stroke......im glad.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]