MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 156's Jose Aldo wants lightweight title, still considering bantamweight drop   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

When UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo fights former lightweight title holder Frankie Edgar, the Brazilian is looking at as a bit of a test run. But the lightweight belt isn't his only goal.

Link

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

The weight cut might kill Aldo, but i think a Brink of Death Jose still destroys Cruz in under 2.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think he's in the correct weightclass.i think he would lose to bendo and he's too big for BW. im not against seeing him move weightclasses because i think it would make some crazy good fights specifically with bendo, but i just dont see him getting any titles from the divisions.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think he's in the correct weightclass.i think he would lose to bendo and he's too big for BW. im not against seeing him move weightclasses because i think it would make some crazy good fights specifically with bendo, but i just dont see him getting any titles from the divisions.

I wouldn't mind seeing him take the Anderson Silva route. Take a few fights here and there at LW, maybe find a few catch weight. But like you said, he's too small for LW and too big for BW for it to be a permenant move.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by tcunningham

I wouldn't mind seeing him take the Anderson Silva route. Take a few fights here and there at LW, maybe find a few catch weight. But like you said, he's too small for LW and too big for BW for it to be a permenant move.

All the Brazos say the best part of Aldo's game is his BJJ. Except no one has really seen it in the UFC because nobody has been able to get him down for more than a couple seconds. I'd love to see him tap Bendo and move up the ranks on the P4P list.

But if Gil is moving to 145, I would like to see that fight first. I imagine it could be a fight of the year caliber match.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I would love to see him fight Cerrone or Pettis

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I'd love to see what Aldo can do at LW. I personally think he would school a lot of the 55ers out there.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Only after Benson's performance against Diaz did he become the exception, but i wouldnt expect a single LW to be a favorite over Aldo in Vegas.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Aldo shouldn't be looking past Fankie Edgar. I'm looking forward to that match. I think it will be a lot closer than what most people think it will be.

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

Aldo needs to worry about defending his own belt before
considering about going after somebody elses belt

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

I'd favor Aldo over anyone in his division, anyone in LW (yeah, even Bendo), and anyone at BW (if he could make the weight).

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

i dont think you're allowed to hold titles in two different weight class's unless they had a 140 superfight

[View Full Version of this Page]