MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rory MacDonald-Carlos Condit rematch targeted for UFC 158 in Montreal   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Rory MacDonald had one request after beating B.J. Penn: Carlos Condit. He'll get his wish. MacDonald told MMAjunkie.com Radio and UFC President Dana White confirmed the two are targeted for March at UFC 158 in Montreal.

Link

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Damn!

I'm looking forward to this fight! The last one was so good I'm convinced that if you didn't like it you're a nazi!
Rory should take this and I wouldn't be surprised to see a stoppage. He ruined Condit in their first fight until he gassed and basically rolled over was slapped about until the ref stepped in.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

I wouldn't recommend doing the Ali shuffle in this fight.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I see this fight going a lot like the first fight except Rory doesn't gas and dominates for the entire fight.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Both have gotten better since the first fight, this one should be even better!!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

diaz vs gsp is also being targeted for this event

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

WOOO! Rematch of the century! & i get to keep my dick

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by shaneTpain

WOOO! Rematch of the century! & i get to keep my dick

Lol Shane. In my previous camp I've mentioned this fight for months and now it will happen. I'm stoked that Rory will avenge his only professional loss with a dominant win over Carlos Condit.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

nice. i'll be picking carlos still for the UD

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I want Condit to KO Rory in Canada.....I love it when he spoils the party.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Both fighters have gotten better but I would say MacDonald has grown the most. You add the fact he pretty much controlled Condit for 90% of the first fight I see MacDonald winning this fight.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Condit stole Rory's hype and put him and they traded places in the rankings now Rory will make things right and probably further stall the division if GSP doesn't lose soon.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Condit better bring his A game. He needs to treat this like a title fight

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Dear DD,

Sincerely,

Butthurt BJ Penn Fan

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

Oh Jake...

Reality is that in their first match, Carlos Condit, the former WEC champ, let a 20 yr old kid training out of a no-name gym in Kelowna BC bully him around the octagon, taking him down 4-5 times and pushing the pace of the fight for two rounds.

Yes, the third round became a mess for Rory and the stoppage at 7 seconds left sealed his fate, but he's come leaps and bounds in the past couple of years while being at Tristar and evolved tremendously as a fighter. I don't think Condit has evolved nearly as much from their first fight (comparably), to be honest.

No doubt it's going to be an intense fight, but if Rory is able to drop him on his back half as many times as he was able to do at 20 yrs old, I think his vicious GNP is going to factor in. And I predict a 0% chance that Condit will be the one pushing the pace of the fight or displaying any kind of octagon aggression on this one. I think his focus will be on just trying to stay alive for three rounds.

I don't think Rory's motivation could possibly be higher than it already is for this fight.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]