MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Boxing/MMA on ESPN   [View Full Version]
NaturalBornKiller92 » Posted 12/12/10 11:24:00PM

Is anyone else annoyed by the amount of publicity the pacquaio fight is getting on the same weekend as a UFC title fight on FOX? I have heard most of the ESPN shows plug the fight at least once while there is hardly a mention of the UFC fight on Friday's shows or Monday shows. I am starting to get annoyed by ESPN's lack of MMA coverage. The only show that mentions MMA on ESPN comes on late at night once a week and it is hardly watchable for me at least.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

it bothers me too. believe it or not, i actually think espn has gotten a little better. not a lot. but a little.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I thought UFC got the same amount they always get for good cards, it's not like they got belittled or anything.imo

Also UFC being paired up with Fox has a lot to do with it, just politics gentlemen.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Pacman is a monster name in boxing no one that fought on Fox is near the draw of that dude. He got put down to bed of course thats going to trump a bunch of UD's

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Wait........The UFC was on this weekend??????

I kid I kid

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

ESPN still seems to cater to the big 3 sports with terrible coverage for all the others. i gave up ESPN all together.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

To me the most bothersome thing is the lack of coverage on Fox Sports Radio. While ESPN should certainly cover MMA more, Fox is the UFC's broadcast partner, and all week leading up to the fight, it seemed like all they talked about was the Pacquiao fight. Definitely pissed me off, especially considering Fox sports radio is syndicated nation wide, as well as in Canada. Why would anyone promote what is essentially their competition?

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by postman

Pacman is a monster name in boxing no one that fought on Fox is near the draw of that dude. He got put down to bed of course thats going to trump a bunch of UD's

/thread

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

What annoys me is showing spoilers who won the fights on ESPN under their news when sometime I have yet to watch them yet

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

What annoys me is showing spoilers who won the fights on ESPN under their news when sometime I have yet to watch them yet

Come on man, it's essentially a news station. Don't watch it at all unless you want to know what happened.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Well, after today with the whole Rob Parker/RG3 comments on First Take, unless some type of disciplinary action is done, I will abstain from watching ESPN.

[View Full Version of this Page]