Hendricks or MacDonald
Forum Opinion Poll
MacDonald 29 71%
Hendricks 12 29%

MacDonald vs Hendricks   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Who do you think would win?

Personally I think MacDonald would wreck Hendricks and at this moment is GSP's biggest challenge in the devision. If they weren't friends or training partners I think MacDonald would be fighting Hendricks for the number 1 contender spot while GSP is busying himself with DIaz.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

I would go with MacDonald, but it's a great matchup that I could see going either way. I like MacDonald's striking more, but we all know about Hendricks' mighty left hand. And while Hendricks has an incredible wrestling background, Macdonald's wrestling might be better adapted to MMA. The only way to test it though would be to have them fight, and while I think that Hendricks has already earned his title shot, a win over MacDonald would strengthen his case that much more.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Rory-Mac

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

That is a damn hard fight to pick.

I think that Hendricks would give Rory problems though. Mainly because Rory would hold no strength advantage over Johnny. And also imo no advantage wrestling wise. I do think Rory is far more technical with his hands and feet and for that fact id have to give the nod to Rory for a hard fought UD

BUT I havent seen Rory have his chin tested so I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him get knocked out with a huge Hendricks left

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Really hate it that Rory and GSP dont wanna fight

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I was literally thinking of this match while watching Rory fight BJ. Tough fight to call for sure... id probably have to side with Rory Mac though.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Hendricks

Rory is more technical with the striking, but Hendricks is the better wrestler and has way more power than Rory. Watch the 1st round of Rory/BJ, you see BJ snap Rory's head back a few times, now Imagine Hendricks doing the same thing, and it's good night Hipster.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

Rory would win.

However, I don't think this match up will happen right now because when Hendricks loses, Rory then is in line for a title shot and because he and GSP won't fight each other, the division ends up hitting a bit of a brick wall. It doesn't really make sense logistically at the moment so I doubt it will get seriously discussed.

Not to mention the fact that I would bet $$ that Hendricks would refuse to take this fight right now. He will prefer to sit and wait in line rather than take a risk that he could easily be on the losing end of.

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

I don't know how anybody can pick against Rory MacDonald vs ANYBODY after last night. The closer Rory gets to #1 contender status, the closer GSP will start neogotiating for that Anderson Silva Superfight.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Michael_Corleone

I don't know how anybody can pick against Rory MacDonald vs ANYBODY after last night. The closer Rory gets to #1 contender status, the closer GSP will start neogotiating for that Anderson Silva Superfight.

While I'll admit Rory looked good last night, but take in fact he did fight a natural LW, who for the last 2 rounds just stood there, like he was a punching bag.

I would love to see Rory fight Condit again, he does what he did on Sat. then I'll will be praising him as much as everyone has been.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by Michael_Corleone

-He fought a LW who hasn't won since 2004 in the WW divison
- He hasn't faced an elite wrestler yet
-He doesn't have a win against a Top Ten fighter yet

That being said depending on who he get's matched with him, it will be hard to pick against MacDonald.

I would love him to face Koscheck, he could answer a lot of question's if he stuff's a few takedown's from Kos.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

-He fought a LW who hasn't won since 2004 in the WW divison
- He hasn't faced an elite wrestler yet
-He doesn't have a win against a Top Ten fighter yet.

Penn KO'd Hughes in Nov 2010, and has had his last 4 fights at WW making him a WW. He also once held the WW title. BJ Penn is a WW

The last 2 points were said about Jon Jones before the Bader fight...and even then Bader was a fringe top 10, if that.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

i meant to pick hendricks

macdonald would end up in la la land. i can see rory coming out and ali shuffling his way to getting KTFO

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

MMAmath time...

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

I won't bet against Hendricks until he loses or faces GSP. No matter what the odds. He's got a left hand like Thor's hammer.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]