MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nate Diaz’s middle finger gesture during fight rattled Fox broadcast, but not Benson Henderson   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

During Benson Henderson's win over Nate Diaz at UFC on Fox 5, the Fox broadcast repeatedly cut away to a shot of the empty octagon. Was it a technical difficulty? Did someone on Fox's broadcast truck hit the wrong button?

No. Diaz threw up the middle finger at his opponent, and the network cut away instead of risking a fine from the Federal Communications Commission.

link

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I was wondering what was going on. Damn I love that kid.

BJ's coach kept screaming F-bombs during the introductions, too. FOX kept having to cut the sound.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

there is nothing like the Diaz brother's octagon antics. i dont particularly like either diaz brother but they do keep it entertaining, even if they are losing badly like the bendo fight last night.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I don't particularly like either of the Diaz brothers antics but if I had to choose the lesser of two evils it would be Nate for sure.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Diaz brothers rule... they talk an absurd amount of game, but they back it up 10 fold...win or lose...they scare and intimidate the hell out of me

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Their antics are entertaining but they're gonna have to tone it down for Fox.

The UFC should start handing out fines for things like this. It's part of becoming a legitimate sport. The NFL does it.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

The UFC should start handing out fines for things like this. It's part of becoming a legitimate sport. The NFL does it.

I agree with this.

Of course there will be time to taunt and what not but do it in good taste.

You don't see NBA or NFL players give the other team the middle finger when they score on them. And of they did there would be a fine.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by george112

Posted by bjj1605

I agree with this.

Of course there will be time to taunt and what not but do it in good taste.

You don't see NBA or NFL players give the other team the middle finger when they score on them. And of they did there would be a fine.

Taunt in good taste? Sorry, too difficult an idea to enforce. To me it's always fairly dickish, whether it's a Diaz brother flipping someone off, Rashad Evans grabbing his nutsack, or Rory MacDonald dancing like Muhammad Ali when he has yet to accomplish anything that is even in the vaguest sense Aliesque. You're right about NBA and NFL players not flipping each other off, but they also get suspended for hitting each other. Needless to say MMA has substantially different standards.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by tallica62

Diaz brothers rule... they talk an absurd amount of game, but they back it up 10 fold...win or lose...they scare and intimidate the hell out of me

How do the Diaz brothers back up their talk they get there ass whooped a lot...and neither have any chance against a wrestler...not only that but Diaz said he was a btter fighter than Ben...HE was totally wrong....Ben whipped him silly was not even close....

In a rematch I could see the odds at -450 Henderson

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

How do the Diaz brothers back up their talk they get there ass whooped a lot...and neither have any chance against a wrestler...not only that but Diaz said he was a btter fighter than Ben...HE was totally wrong....Ben whipped him silly was not even close....

What a bold prediction. Hindsight is 20/20.

If the antics Diaz did were in the NFL a big fine and suspension possibly and most teams wont tolerate it...and would look to trade you...

There straight up punks and I guess thats what happens when your parents arent around and your older brother weed smoker is your idol...

There a time to mature up...they dont get it and personally I think they act like thugs...

I am curious what kind of people really like these guys...No moral values and clearly would you want them to be around your children...

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by kingsmasher

neither have any chance against a wrestler...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Posted by jay98107

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by tallica62

What a bold prediction. Hindsight is 20/20.

Well you have to consider what oddsmakers think...What money line would you make it? seriously after getting manhandled personally I wouldnt want to waste ten dollars to win 45 betting on Diaz....the odds would have to be like Jones and Chael to even consider a dollar on Diaz his game is basically standup and his groung game is good but hes way to weak for a guy like Ben...Nate Diaz needs two years of muscle to be a threat to Ben...Thats why he was rag dolled the whole fight...Did you see Henderson after the fight..

Posted by jjeans

Posted by kingsmasher

neither have any chance against a wrestler...

WHo is mad IM happy I think Diaz is a punk and needs an attitude adjustment....

Hes never beaten a decent wrestler....He didnt even beat Clay Guida...He lost to Maynard...

His best win was against Cerrone and Cerrone claimed to have had a broken Jaw...

your what maybe 16? your a child who hides behind a computer screen

Posted by kingsmasher

If the antics Diaz did were in the NFL a big fine and suspension possibly and most teams wont tolerate it...and would look to trade you...

There straight up punks and I guess thats what happens when your parents arent around and your older brother weed smoker is your idol...

There a time to mature up...they dont get it and personally I think they act like thugs...

I am curious what kind of people really like these guys...No moral values and clearly would you want them to be around your children...

There are so many things that baffle me about this post, but I suppose that could be said about anything kingsmasher related.

1.) This is not the NFL. The comparisons between the two should stop, as evidenced by your mention of "being traded" as a result of such behavior, which isn't even a concept in MMA (unless you think the UFC is going to trade the Diaz brothers to Bellator, who sell tickets due to exciting, quality fights).

2.) I like these fighters, because they are tough, well-rounded and exciting (save takedown defense). I have "moral values", at least I think so, but that does not necessarily dictate what athletes I enjoy watching. Or what films or music I enjoy listening to. I really liked the movie "There Will Be Blood", that doesn't mean I would want my hypothetical children to behave like Daniel Plainsview. I love watching Lawrence Taylor highlights, that doesn't mean I want myself and my children doing blow with Lawrence Taylor and sleeping with teenage prostitutes.

...On second thought I would love to do blow with Lawrence Taylor.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]