MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on FOX 5 bonuses: Jorgensen nets $130,000, Edwards, Albert get $65,000 each   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

SEATTLE – Yves Edwards and John Albert earned $65,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 event, and Scott Jorgensen doubled up with $130,000 in bonus cash.

Link

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I wouldn't be upset if Henderson/Diaz won FOTN but I figured Cruickshank's kick was the clear KOTN.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Good for Scotty but I don't agree with that FOTN at all. I thought the Ramsey/Proctor fight was more entertaining and so was the Shogun/Gus fight.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

MY PICKS.

KOTN: Cruickshank (anyone that says otherwise is clearly drunk. That was fucking sick.)

SOTN: Jorgensen

FOTN: Brown/Swick

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

First off, I'm glad Scotty got paid. He's an animal and a cool guy. And it's very possible that Albert's getting cut after this, so that bonus might be the last he sees for a while.

That said, I was guessing Gustafsson/Shogun or Nijem/Proctor would get FOTN. Each was longer with more exchanges on the feet, and while Jorgensen's GnP was really good, Albert didn't seem to fight the RNC too much.

Edwards getting KOTN is justifiable considering who he knocked out and how. Cruickshanks' head kick will be one of his career highlights, and not to take anything away from it but it was a bit like watching a panther maul a wounded gazelle. We were just waiting for it to happen, while the Edwards KO was out of nowhere.

Bear in mind though that Cruickshank is likely getting an undisclosed bonus, plus he made a huge statement and set himself up to get a good fight soon. He's fine.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Good for Jorgensen

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

KOTN: Daron, then Brown, then Edwards.

But I'm sure they'll be taken care of.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Just got back from Seattle, awesome fights! I would have to say either Bendo/Diaz or Cruikshank/Martinez for FOTN and KOTN should have been Daron for sure.

Scotty sure was happy he got paid, saw him inside the press building as he got the phone call, he was jumping up and down with a big grin lol.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

I am getting sick and tired of these 1 round FOTN awards. And Cruickshank not getting KOTN is a travesty

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Cruishank should have gotten knock out of the night

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

I am getting sick and tired of these 1 round FOTN awards.

An action packed round of action is VERY worthy of FOTN, IMO. I see nothing wrong with 1-round FOTN awards personally.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I am not sure how you can even give just one KO of the night when there were three worthy KOs. Nobody seems to think Matt Brown's KO of Swick was worthy?

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

There were enough good fights that they could have spread the money around, rather than pouring it all on one guy. Why not give FOTN to Cruickshank and Martinez to make up for his lack of KOTN?

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Cruickshank should have got KOTN, but I'm incredibly happy for Yves. I just about screamed my lungs out when he knocked out Stephens. I thought Rogan seemed super happy for Yves as well.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

There were enough good fights that they could have spread the money around, rather than pouring it all on one guy. Why not give FOTN to Cruickshank and Martinez to make up for his lack of KOTN?

Reward the guy who missed weight and got destroyed with FOTN? Maybe guaranteed Cut of the Night.

You have to remember that winning OTN bonuses is leverage for fighters. So passing on publicly giving Cruickshank KOTN is probably strategic. Even Nijem/Proctor for FOTN although not as clear cut as Cruickshanks.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]