MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White says Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz is next   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

complete garbage. Hendricks deserves the title shot. National champion wrestler and heavy hands. Perfect recipe to beat GSP.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

What concerns me about this matchup is the impact on non-English speaking fighters. It is obvious to me that both Diaz and Sonnen have talked their way into upcoming title shots, Diaz via getting under GSPs skin and Sonnen via irritating/amusing the public with his nonstop bullshitting. Obviously Hendricks speaks English, but it seems that a high value is being placed on flapping your gums rather than beating top 10 fighters. Fighters who don't speak English don't have the opportunity to bullshit their way into a title shot, and I'm concerned we are going to see fighters continue to get shafted.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by iwannabesedated

Diaz Vs GSP more $$$$$$$$$$$

DING DING DING we have a winner.

thats what dana is about. danas motto should be, if it dont make money it dont make sense (cents).

fighters in the UFC should take notice. if you're good at running off at the mouth, you get things handed to you. ie. diaz, sonnen, rousy

if i was a fighter i would seriously think about hiring the rock, stonecold steve austin, cm punk ect. to teach me how its done on the mic

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by jay98107

What concerns me about this matchup is the impact on non-English speaking fighters. It is obvious to me that both Diaz and Sonnen have talked their way into upcoming title shots, Diaz via getting under GSPs skin and Sonnen via irritating/amusing the public with his nonstop bullshitting. Obviously Hendricks speaks English, but it seems that a high value is being placed on flapping your gums rather than beating top 10 fighters. Fighters who don't speak English don't have the opportunity to bullshit their way into a title shot, and I'm concerned we are going to see fighters continue to get shafted.

Fighters were getting shots due to being American before the smack talking started, this is nothing new

JDS was 7-0 in the UFC when he got his title shot, Cain was 6-0

Brad Morris, Jake O'Brien, Denis Stojnic, Cheick Kongo, Ben Rothwell and Big Nog
Are they really more impressive wins than
Fabricio Werdum, Stefan Struve, Mirko Filipovic, Gilbert Yvel, Gabriel Gonzaga, Roy Nelson & Shane Carwin.

I thought JDS was more deserving but they waited till they exposed him using TUF to show him to an American market.

Fighters being set back because of language has been there for a while, this is no different. How you deal with it I have no idea.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

Hope this is 100% for sure!!
Anderson would of been awsome, but this is a fight im actually more excited to see!
Let the trash talking on GSP Start Nick!!!

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Sonnen loses and gets a title shot
Penn loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot
Diaz loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

look who tweeted at me

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

look who tweeted at me

You better frame that, Dana White telling you to shut up.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

I should say I think Hendricks deserves the shot, but his mouth may have cost him. Dana doesn't like being told what to do.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

LOL ! You guys beloved all that stuff he said about Strikeforce and their bulls*** fights didn't you. Nope Uncle Dana is a business man.

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

I've been waiting 7 years for this fight. Diaz has been campaigning for this fight for 8 years.

Hendricks can wait. Diaz has been a contender since before Hendricks was even doing MMA.

Nick lost his chance due to press conference shenanigans then through bad reffing.

Hendricks has only been a contender for one year.

Seems prefectly fair to me that Diaz gets the next shot.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

I've been waiting 7 years for this fight. Diaz has been campaigning for this fight for 8 years.

Hendricks can wait. Diaz has been a contender since before Hendricks was even doing MMA.

Nick lost his chance due to press conference shenanigans then through bad reffing.

Hendricks has only been a contender for one year.

Seems prefectly fair to me that Diaz gets the next shot.

Terrible logic.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

Sonnen loses and gets a title shot
Penn loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot
Diaz loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot

Bravo sir! This is why I love tourneys so much, takes all the politics out of it. Clear #1 contenders are established, then are given ample time to train up and steal the belt. In the mean time if the champ needs a fight they find as legitimate fighter as they can to fill in.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

dont worry johny, diaz will screw up his shot again just like he did last time and you will get to fight GSP.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by iwannabesedated

Diaz Vs GSP more $$$$$$$$$$$

DING DING DING we have a winner.

thats what dana is about. danas motto should be, if it dont make money it dont make sense (cents).

fighters in the UFC should take notice. if you're good at running off at the mouth, you get things handed to you. ie. diaz, sonnen, rousy

if i was a fighter i would seriously think about hiring the rock, stonecold steve austin, cm punk ect. to teach me how its done on the mic

"Do you wanna be a UFC cash cow? Do YOU! wanna be a F&*%ING UFC CASH COW!?!?!?!"

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]