MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White says Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz is next   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

It appears that UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will get his way and Johny Hendricks will have to get back in line. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani spoke to UFC president Dana White after today's UFC on Fox 5 press conference, and he confirmed that it will be none other than Nick Diaz that probably faces GSP next:

Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 6, 2012

Dana said that GSP doesn't ask for much, so he feels like he has to do it. Silva and Hendricks will have to wait.

Dana hasn't told Nick yet, but he is here. ... What did I tell you, my friends?

That means two things - the GSP/Anderson Silva thing is officially dead for now, and that's why they're talking about GSP defending his belt. And we're probably going to be hearing a lot from one pissed off Johny Hendricks in the next few days.

LINK

Copenhagen » Posted 4/16/07 12:41:00PM

NO!

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I like Diaz and all but this is bullshit.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Johny Hendricks ?@JohnyHendricks

Asking all fans to let Dana White know you don't agree! GSP says he wants Diaz next. @DanaWhite says "that's probably the fight we'll make"

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

I like Diaz and all,but Hendricks is getting F'd in the A here.

Diaz Vs GSP more $$$$$$$$$$$

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Hendricks is getting hosed.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I agree but, I personally think this gives the UFC more time to get the casual fan interested in Hendricks where they dont have to do that with Diaz

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I agree but, I personally think this gives the UFC more time to get the casual fan interested in Hendricks where they dont have to do that with Diaz

but even the casual fan will remember Diaz losing his last fight.

i get it. bigger name. make more money. blah blah. can''t wait to hear Diaz's excuses after he loses.

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Tell Dana this is BS on twitter!!!!

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Wtf. This is horse shit. when you speak of making a legitimate sport, you proceed by making it about the sport, not the dollars. Yeah I think it would be a fun fight, but shit he lost and is coming off of a suspension. He should have just given reem an instant title shot too while he was at it, the difference being that reem won his last fight. This is unreal

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

No superfight now.
And Silva will defend the title one more time.

I don't mind gsp vs Diaz.
Hope its memorial day weekend in Vegas

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

And Dana wonders why the UFC isn't always taken seriously..

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Don King.

king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

Ive always been a hige DW supporter, love his in your face attitude not afraid to tell you how he feels, sure I dont always agree but its nice change from the other commissioners of other sports.

But this is absolute horse shit, good job trying to make the sport legitimate. WTF is this boxing.
I thought dana would learn from its mistakes but it seems like all he cares about is money fights not earned/deserved fights

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Maybe if Hendricks hadn't declared himself number one contender and refused to fight anyone else Dana would've given him the shot. I'm getting sick of the self-declarations of contendership.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]