MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cris Cyborg says she'll fight Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs, but not at UFC 157   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

After rumors surfaced that she'd fight Ronda Rousey at UFC 157, Cyborg Santos shot down the claims saying she can't make bantamweight that soon.

Link

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

I got Rousey!

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

As much as I like Ronda I kind of want to see cyborg take this fight, show up 50lbs over and wreck shit.

If the fight goes down I think it will look like Mirr v Brock 2.

Technique will only get you so far fighting an ape.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Michael_Corleone

I got Rousey!

Av bet if it happens. I have Cris via assimilation in the 2nd

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Ronda will be adding another arm to her collection on the wall at home and I'll AV bet on it when this fight does finally happen

WAR ROUSEY

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

As much as I like Ronda I kind of want to see cyborg take this fight, show up 50lbs over and wreck shit.

If the fight goes down I think it will look like Mirr v Brock 2.

Technique will only get you so far fighting an ape.

Yeah technique wont beat brute strength...It will beat strength but not when strength has a little practice in BJJ...Lets be honest who has Rousey fought with actual real strength like a man? Her opponents arent exactly weight lifters they are just regular girls who are trying to portray fighters...

Cyborg lives this stuff since when?...Thats my problem with womans MMA....Besides really 2 woman Cyborg and Rousey the rest just look like drunk girls at a bar...I could really care less about any womans MMA and quite frankly I think it hurts the sport..This is my opinion...

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher
Cyborg lives this stuff since when?...Thats my problem with womans MMA....Besides really 2 woman Cyborg and Rousey the rest just look like drunk girls at a bar...I could really care less about any womans MMA and quite frankly I think it hurts the sport..This is my opinion...

please never again comment in another thread regarding WMMA. If you can't critique it properly, just stay out

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

For all intensive purposes this comment is irregardless.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

please never again comment in another thread ever.

*fixed

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I doubt cyborg even makes weight cut
I still think this should headline fox card in April
Help get women's MMA going mainstream in Ufc
Machida vs hendo main event sounds just as good
Add a Diaz vs kos co main too

Posted by prozacnation1978

I doubt cyborg even makes weight cut
I still think this should headline fox card in April
Help get women's MMA going mainstream in Ufc
Machida vs hendo main event sounds just as good
Add a Diaz vs kos co main too

Womens MMA will take years upon years to actually become mainstream if ever...

As hard as it is for people to accept MMA....The common man just doesnt like watching women fight....

I think to sway people to MMA there needs to be maybe an intro show before events on Fox that goes over techniques and fighters backgrounds...The fighters with degrees mostly. The technique can help avearge people know its like a chess match than a barbaric fight...

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

but the real truth is most dictionaries refer to irregardless as not standard and incorrect...and regardless is actually the proper use...

So you really dont know anything...

So why the obsession with me?

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by airkerma

Posted by kingsmasher
I could really care less

but the real truth is most dictionaries refer to irregardless as not standard and incorrect...and regardless is actually the proper use...

So you really dont know anything...

So why the obsession with me?

For all intensive purposes this comment is regardless?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

As interesting as this fight is the rest of the card needs to be stacked or I see this event bombing with the casual fan.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by SmileR

As interesting as this fight is the rest of the card needs to be stacked or I see this event bombing with the casual fan.

Bingo.

And I think UFC brass know this. I expect every card with a female bout to be stacked.

Which is good for us all

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]