MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rebney: Eddie Alvarez has yet to receive UFC offer   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

The hottest free agent in all of MMA right now might be Eddie Alvarez, but it seems that the UFC isn't in much of a rush to sign him. That's if you believe the words of Bellator's CEO, anyway. Bjorn Rebney was a guest on MMA Weekly Radio and stated that the former Bellator lightweight champion still hasn't received an offer from Zuffa:

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

The UFC is playing it smart. That being said, if Alvarez doesn't sign with the UFC I'll be very let down.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

The UFC is playing it smart. That being said, if Alvarez doesn't sign with the UFC I'll be very let down.

If they rush for him Alvarez will expect a big money contract. Every day that passes Alvarez is questioning what'll happen, the UFC doesn't "need" Alvarez, Alvarez needs money. He'll get desperate eventually...

That loss to chandler is going to haunt his pay check I think..

Dirty Blue

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Sign this guy already

VILLIN » Posted 12/13/09 6:42:00AM

I think it's pretty obvious the UFC is willing to wait out the period of time where Bellator has matching rights. Not really a surprise, they've done so in the past with similar situations. As was said, the UFC doesn't need Alvarez and with Lombard being a bust so far it doesn't add much credibility to Bellator's talent level.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by VILLIN

I think it's pretty obvious the UFC is willing to wait out the period of time where Bellator has matching rights. Not really a surprise, they've done so in the past with similar situations. As was said, the UFC doesn't need Alvarez and with Lombard being a bust so far it doesn't add much credibility to Bellator's talent level.

I don't think you can call Lombard a bust after losing just one boring fight in which he was injured. That said I think it's a smart play for UFC but for a different reason. Eddie can help build the sport as a Bellator star. Bellator isn't a real threat to the UFC yet. So why not let Bellator keep him? That said I'm sure Uncle Dana wants to see Bellator crumble simply because he is the bald father.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by VILLIN

Bellator waived that for Eddie a few weeks ago, look back in the News forum, it was posted. He is officially a free agent.

Link I mentioned

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

if eddie is smart he'll wait for the ufc

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

Plus he has said repeatedly that he would like to fight the best in the world. Only one way to make that happen.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by tcunningham

Plus he has said repeatedly that he would like to fight the best in the world. Only one way to make that happen.

'

he said that but truth is i bet he goes where the best money is and that isnt ufc for alvarez...i said it before

[View Full Version of this Page]