MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jose Aldo says move to lightweight could happen if he beats Frankie Edgar   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Jose Aldo is viewing his UFC 156 bout with Frankie Edgar as a sort of test to see if he is ready to move up to lightweight after a long reign as featherweight king.

Link

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Well better start preparing now because imo he's going to win comfortably.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Frankie is gonna whop that arse so I guess you arn't going anywhere.
I'll put my AV on that.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

My dog Frankie will beat the breaks off of Tequila real easy like Frankie will own Aldo and if you dont think so I will bet on it.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by JLS1980

My dog Frankie will beat the breaks off of Tequila real easy like Frankie will own Aldo and if you dont think so I will bet on it.

This man is fired up.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by JLS1980

This man is fired up.

Indeed he is. Too bad Frankie is going to get whooped imo. The things that helped edgar overcome his disadvantage in size against the people at 155, imo, are his speed, and his footwork, and his ability to get in and out effectively, which in and of itself, was an extension of his phenominal footwork, and his great boxing. However, now he is down in a class where there are going to be a ton of people that are as fast as he is, so that advantage is gone. Yes his footwork will still be there, and he is still an incredibly talented fighter, but Aldo is, imo, probably just as fast as edgar, if not slightly faster, and he has devastating leg kicks. Aldo is a much better striker imo. He doesn't necessarily have the footwork, but he is a much more versatile and complete striker. Again, going back to Aldo's leg kicks, all he has to do is land a few of those and Edgar's footwork and ability to try and take the fight will be pretty much taken away from him. His best bet is to try and take Aldo down from the get go, but given that Aldo's TDD is one of the best in MMA, it is going to be very difficult to get him down. If Gray, a bigger stronger wrestler, couldn't get Aldo down when training with him in preparation for Aldo's fight with Mendez, Edgar is going to have trouble doing it unless he sets it up perfectly.
If Aldo takes out those legs, which I believe he will, it's going to be a long painful night for Edgar as Aldo just takes pot-shots at him. Edgar is tough as nails and he has the heart of a champion, so he'll be extremely tough to put away. I think Aldo takes this via a rather comfortable UD.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by JLS1980

I'll put my AV on that.

I'll take that Bet brother remember Sparky called dibs on that AV challenge

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I have no faith for a man that got rocked twice by pillow fists gray Maynard of all people

Even if aldo wins I doubt he moves up

With Koch lamas Korean zombie. And now guida in featherweight. And don't forget my comeback of the year candidate in cub Swanson. Aldo has enough challengers for 2013

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by JLS1980

This man is fired up.

Indeed he is. Too bad Frankie is going to get whooped imo. The things that helped edgar overcome his disadvantage in size against the people at 155, imo, are his speed, and his footwork, and his ability to get in and out effectively, which in and of itself, was an extension of his phenominal footwork, and his great boxing. However, now he is down in a class where there are going to be a ton of people that are as fast as he is, so that advantage is gone. Yes his footwork will still be there, and he is still an incredibly talented fighter, but Aldo is, imo, probably just as fast as edgar, if not slightly faster, and he has devastating leg kicks. Aldo is a much better striker imo. He doesn't necessarily have the footwork, but he is a much more versatile and complete striker. Again, going back to Aldo's leg kicks, all he has to do is land a few of those and Edgar's footwork and ability to try and take the fight will be pretty much taken away from him. His best bet is to try and take Aldo down from the get go, but given that Aldo's TDD is one of the best in MMA, it is going to be very difficult to get him down. If Gray, a bigger stronger wrestler, couldn't get Aldo down when training with him in preparation for Aldo's fight with Mendez, Edgar is going to have trouble doing it unless he sets it up perfectly.
If Aldo takes out those legs, which I believe he will, it's going to be a long painful night for Edgar as Aldo just takes pot-shots at him. Edgar is tough as nails and he has the heart of a champion, so he'll be extremely tough to put away. I think Aldo takes this via a rather comfortable UD.

On the other hand, Aldo has never faced a guy as quick or with the striking as Edgar. Mark Hominick tagged Aldo a couple times every round which lead to him shooting for TDs. Yes Aldo has great TDD, but so does Penn (who is a bigger fighter) and Edgar took him down in both fights. Bendo, again much bigger, connected on how many hard clean body/leg kicks and Edgar just casually caught it and moved on? Aldo too enjoys a speed advantage in his fights which will now be far less significant vs Edgar.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Personally I like this because I want to see Aldo fight some of those big name guys at LW.

But I would think the UFC would dissuade him from doing this. LW has too many contenders. FW doesn't have enough.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by JLS1980

I'll put my AV on that.

I'll take that Bet brother remember Sparky called dibs on that AV challenge

Somabitch, I'm always late to these parties. I'll take Aldo all day any day against anyone =+- 1 weight class.

[View Full Version of this Page]