MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's Cheick Kongo and Stefan Struve agree via Twitter to UFC 156 fight   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

"I did NOT REFUSE to FIGHT Roy Nelson," Kongo wrote. "I REFUSED to TAKE A FIGHT on SHORT NOTICE. Which is NOT THE SAME AT ALL."

White, however, said it was.

"That's the business you're in," he said after UFC 154. "When you turn down a fight, you turn down a fight, and that's two in a row (for Kongo). I don't know who he's waiting for."

LINK

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I'm getting pretty tired of this. Any time he doesn't get his way with a fight he wants to set up, he alerts the media that such and such doesn't want to be a fracking fighter. Not only is that childish, but what goes on as far as negotiations or proposed fights, should really be kept private as it really isn't anyone else's business and can only be used to reflect poorly on the fighters.

edit: I love Kongo vs Struve

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Awesome fight!!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by airkerma

I'm getting pretty tired of this. Any time he doesn't get his way with a fight he wants to set up, he alerts the media that such and such doesn't want to be a fracking fighter. Not only is that childish, but what goes on as far as negotiations or proposed fights, should really be kept private as it really isn't anyone else's business and can only be used to reflect poorly on the fighters.

Fully agree bro, but I can't stand Kongo - so Dana's right in this case. What is Kongo waiting for? He's never gonna have the belt, so he should try make as much as he can as an exciting gatekeeper.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by airkerma

Fully agree bro, but I can't stand Kongo - so Dana's right in this case. What is Kongo waiting for? He's never gonna have the belt, so he should try make as much as he can as an exciting gatekeeper.

Even if he had the talent to win the belt he wouldn't be given the chance because he's turning fights down. These guys don't get it. You fight who they ask you to and when they need a fill in for say. .a main event or a (I know people don't like this) Championship they'll be on the short list of people they call like Chael was

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I would have thought Struve was in line for a top ten opponent.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Struve all day for sure. I'm going to wait till it's officially announced before I get excited though. Struve has been so impressive lately, I see him going a long way, maybe even being a top contender in the near future.

danclarke1992 » Posted 10/30/07 2:03:00PM

Would of preferred to see Struve fight someone better than Kongo, maybe Mir?
But this would still be a good fight

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Kongo takes this in my book. His striking is superior and his strength alone will keep him out of danger on the ground.

Bad matchup for Struve.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

This is a great match up.....take away Kongo's range and he wont be as good a striker as people think. I don't think Kongo's wrestling is that great eithee.....I think Struve could win via KO or Sub.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Posted by george112

Kongo takes this in my book. His striking is superior and his strength alone will keep him out of danger on the ground.

Bad matchup for Struve.

struve has gotten alot stronger to his earlier days in the ufc.

[View Full Version of this Page]