MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ronda Rousey likely to main event UFC pay-per-view.   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Here's how much the UFC thinks of Ronda Rousey and her exploding star power: the newly signed women's bantamweight champion will most likely main event a pay-per-view in her octagon debut, UFC president Dana White said.

"She's the champ," he said. "Unless there's a weight division higher than her that the champ would be defending the title, then yeah, she'd be the main event."

That's quite a turnaround for White, who as recently as 2011 said women would "never" fight in a UFC cage.

Link

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

yes really. I dont have a problem with it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

My biggest problem is that Rousey hasn't been out of the 1st round and they're going to make the 5 round fight of the night be hers? As long as the co-main event is a 5 round fight I'm fine with it.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

then you pay the 50 for a one rounder that coulda been a 5 rounder real fight...I guess youd rather see Rousey than a five rounder say Machida Henderson?

Basically what you are saying then is you will agree to pay the same for a less product...

Dana would pat you on the head...

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Hey Smasher, you been here over a year, you know how we submit news pieces, edit that shit, and keep your personal feelings out of the thread title.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

then you pay the 50 for a one rounder that coulda been a 5 rounder real fight...I guess youd rather see Rousey than a five rounder say Machida Henderson?

Basically what you are saying then is you will agree to pay the same for a less product...

a) I don't need to pay $50....I have friends to split the cost. I assume you don't
b) I guess none of us should ever buy an Anderson fight or a HW title fight that headlines a PPV anymore because they end in the 1st round too

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Could you do us all a favor and not put your opinion in the title for the thread. If you do, throw it somewhere other than the news forum.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Hey Smasher, you been here over a year, you know how we submit news pieces, edit that shit, and keep your personal feelings out of the thread title.

shit, didnt see you post this

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Dana says Rousey will headline a pay per view...

Link

Hey king_ _ _SMUSHer - - -

Cooler is a bit lonely, why don't you take your crooked hat and your chin strap, drawn in beard over to his dumpster and ya'll can play pin the tail on the D-Bag

I'd drop $100.00 to see Ms. Ronda fight some bum in the cheap seats.....

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Not to be that guy or anything.. but I'd prefer if you didn't toss your own opinion in the title..

EDIT: Didn't read the comments before posting. Guess I'm not the only one who feels that way.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

I think Rousey as a main event for a ppv is a great idea. I will definitely purchase this one and ill purchase it in HD, so thats 70$ I know that drives you even more nuts dont it. I'm perfectly fine with a 1 round fight. I would much rather watch Ronda arm bar someone in the first round then watch Machida back pedal away from Hendo all fight and get awarded the decision. .

On a side note WAR ROUSEY

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Worth the stream.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

I for one believe that Anderson Silva cards should cost 2/5 of GSP cards, because Anderson finishes a lot more fights

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

I love how Dana is such a hypocrite. I wouldn't be surprised if next week he says now she's demoted to 1st prelim fight. And then a week after that she's soloing an entire UFC card

I think he has a crush on her too..it's cute

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Posted by tallica62

I love how Dana is such a hypocrite. I wouldn't be surprised if next week he says now she's demoted to 1st prelim fight. And then a week after that she's soloing an entire UFC card

I think he has a crush on her too..it's cute

Yeah he does have a crush. He's probably already smashed her back doors in.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]