MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia added to February's UFC 156 event   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

my pants:

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Great fight. Could go either way.

Maia is definitely good enough to get the sub and Fitch is definitely good enough to smother him for the whole fight whilst avoiding the sub.

If I had to put money on it though I'd go for Fitch.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by SmileR

Fitch via domination!! I'll throw my Av on the line I'm so confident!!

no way !!! ill take that bet

You are on, sir. Just send me the bet when the fights been added!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

Great fight. The real test is for Maia IMO. Is he strong enough at 170 to get takedowns against good wrestlers? Can he sub wrestlers with good jiu-jitsu training (i.e. not Chael Sonnen) off of his back? If not, is his "improved kickboxing" really improved enough to beat the more well-rounded wrestlers who he can't take down or submit?

I think Fitch is really the sword of truth for any hyped WW, whether it is a guy with supposedly great striking (like Alves and E. Silva) or great submissions (like Penn, Sanchez or T. Silva), Fitch will find out just how real those skills are. He puts everybody in the spot they don't want to be in and he tends to suffocate all but the best, whether it's standing or, more often, on top of them on the ground. Then again, there is an upside to fighting him....if Maia wins he instantly becomes a credible threat for a title.

Samps » Posted 9/26/11 2:46:00PM

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

my pants:

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

my pants:

why are your pants made from pinocchio

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

K-1 Maia.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Somebody will get submitted that night, but it won't be in this fight. Is Maia good off his back? I don't think so, not many bb's are. Fitch could win by a brutal display of leg humping also known as "Fartcz-ing"

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]