MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
GSP-Anderson Silva Super-Fight Being Targeted For May   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Despite nothing being official from either side, a potential super-fight between Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre has a time frame set up. UFC president Dana White told ESPN's SportsCenter on Thursday that the promotion is looking at May for Silva-GSP.
"Anderson Silva will be there Saturday watching, and if (GSP) wins, it'll be a huge fight for us," White said (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for transcribing). "It'll probably be the biggest fight in UFC history."

White reiterated that the bout would take place in either a "soccer stadium in Brazil, Dallas' Texas Stadium, or we'd do Toronto again."

LINK

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Man now I want to see Condit win, just to see Dana have the biggest frown on his face giving the title to Condit. Like he did with Cain.

Kinda dfferent. Cain was never the #1 ppv guy for the UFC nor was he going to do a superfight thats been building for the better part of 3 yrs.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Kinda dfferent. Cain was never the #1 ppv guy for the UFC nor was he going to do a superfight thats been building for the better part of 3 yrs.

Little confused are saying he wouldn't have a sad face like the Cain fight?

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Shawn91111

Show me his sad face again?

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Shawn91111

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Shawn91111

a bald sad face, closest I could find

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Won't be memorial day weekend but probably first or second week in May. Makes sense. No fox show in may.
Should be Dallas. My guess is Toronto.

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Shawn91111

Ok, ok that was pretty sad.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Man now I want to see Condit win, just to see Dana have the biggest frown on his face giving the title to Condit. Like he did with Cain.

Me too. All the Silva-GSP talk is incredibly disrespectful to Condit.

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

If GSP were to lose then.

A:) I'd still be interested in seeing the fight vs Anderson, Being as both have been on top for so long in their weight classes.

B:) Make Anderson vs Bones.

C:) Well, I had a C but my mind just went blank..

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

It's a win win for the baldfather. GSP wins and he gets his super fight. Condit wins he'll do the rematch which will get even more views.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Bring that shit to Texas!!!!!

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

GSP via beatdown

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Mkaes no sense cause GSP said he didnt want the fight unless he put on teh proper weight and not lose speed...

Unless GSP has had a whole change of character i dont see the fight happening for at least a year..

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]