MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager   [View Full Version]
Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

Shane Carwin's manager, Jason Genet of Ingrained Media, told Fighters.com on Wednesday night that his client suffered extensive damage to his knee in training. UFC president Dana White confirmed that Carwin will not make his scheduled December encounter with Roy Nelson at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale.

"He was essentially training through the injury and pushed too hard, too fast," Genet said. "The gut feeling is that he can recover without surgery if he rehabs it."

Genet said that Carwin, a former interim UFC heavyweight champion, tore his PCL, LCL and popliteus in his knee, but added, "Shane will be fine and is staying positive."

Carwin has not competed since early in 2011, falling to current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos. He underwent back surgery and was on his way to returning before the knee injury.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hope he retires instead of pushing his body to it's breaking point.

Don't worry, Shane. You gave Lesnar a solid beating for a full round and for that we will forever love you.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Injury of the Month:

Torn Ligaments

All together Kids

TORN LIG-A-MENTS

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

He may just be too old to come to back from this one......suck butt!

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

if he does decide to come back he has got to be lookin at another 8-12 months out or even more. I get how small guys can come back from those type of injuries, but with carwin's size and age its gonna be tough.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

That's very unfortunate. I'm really not that big of a Carwin or Nelson fanbut I was really looking forward to these 2 hammer on each other.

There are quit a few fights I'm looking forward to before the year was over and the Carwin vs Nelson fight was up there, probably top 3 if not better.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

cormier vs nelson?

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Every ligament? I just read somewhere that's he's going to fight in February now.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

If its as bad as he is claiming he is done fighting or at least will never be the same.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by the-king

cormier vs nelson?

Yes please or Warmaster

What's with these managers exaggerating everything the last week? Shane Carwin tore every ligament that was ever in a knee ever!!!! If Cyborg cut to 135 SHE WOULD DIE!!!!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]