MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ronda Rousey's manager responds to Cyborg's life-threatening weight cut claims   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Ronda Rousey's manager takes 'Cyborg' Santos and her professional medical opinion that warns a 10-pound weight cut could harm the Brazilian to task, saying opinions (paraphrasing here) are like belly buttons ... everyone has got them.

Everyone has got them, including medical professionals who are charged with protecting the health -- and possibly even the self interests -- of their patients.

The cardiologist who former Strikeforce female champion Cristiane Santos relies on to ensure that her lub-dub lub-dubs properly to keep her blood pumping, recently warned her that cutting 10 pounds could have detrimental effects on her ticker. In addition to the potential pulmonary problems, the drop from her current fighting weight of 145 to pounds to 135 pounds could prohibit "Cyborg" from "carrying a child later in life."

Risking life and possibly motherhood for a mixed martial arts (MMA) fight seems like a pretty easy decision: No thanks.

Then again, it's only one opinion and, as we've already explained, everyone has got them, including medical professionals who are charged with protecting the health -- and possibly even the self interests -- of their patients. Just because it's one opinion, naturally, doesn't mean it's the correct or accurate reflection of the current situation.

Rather than let me try and explain it, I'll turn it over to Darin Harvey, who represents current Strikeforce female champion -- and possibly future big-money "Cyborg" opponent -- Ronda Rousey, who just so happens to weigh 10 pounds less than the Brazilian.

Harvey breaks it down to Yahoo!Sports.com:

"If you ask five doctors, you'll get five different opinions. I guarantee you, you can find doctors that'll say the weight cut will be fine.... It all depends on what side they're working for. It's her doctor. If you're going to trial, I can find a professional witness to make you look innocent or make you look guilty.... I don't want to see anyone get hurt long-term ... but my personal belief is she can lose the weight. She would just prefer an advantage to fight at 145 pounds. And I think we have the advantage at 135."

"We want that fight because it's a big money fight. We want to fight Cyborg and I think Ronda can beat her at any weight. But I believe if she's not taking drugs, 135 pounds will be absolutely no problem.... At the end of the day, it's up to Ronda. I would advise against it because I would like to do everything to get Cyborg down to 135 pounds, but I know it's the fight the world wants to see. I think it's a million-plus Pay-Per-View fight, so we have to take those things into consideration."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

It's obvious to me that Cyborg just went and got some doctors to say that so she can try to make Rousey go up to fight her. Just getting off the juice should allow her to easily drop enough muscle to make 135.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

This is little more than a smear campaign by Ronda and her manager. If Ronda wanted the fight she'd never left 145. You left 145 cause you can't beat Cyborg Ronda and I actually can't wait for this fight if it ever happens as Rondas long overdue for a humbling.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Posted by SmileR

In addition to the potential pulmonary problems, the drop from her current fighting weight of 145 to pounds to 135 pounds could prohibit "Cyborg" from "carrying a child later in life."

I think it's more likely the fact that she is too hideous to mate with that will prevent that.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SmileR

In addition to the potential pulmonary problems, the drop from her current fighting weight of 145 to pounds to 135 pounds could prohibit "Cyborg" from "carrying a child later in life."

I think it's more likely the fact that she is too hideous to mate with that will prevent that.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SmileR

These are actually men. . . Its amazing what makeup and photoshop can do.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by SmileR

nah, it's her penis that will cause the most problems.

MMAFanatic564 » Posted 11/9/12 11:27:00AM

Cyborg having a baby? That would be one ugly creature

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Meet in the middle. 140

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I'm not sure any fighter gets bashed more then Chris Cyborg

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by postman

I'm not sure any fighter gets bashed more then Chris Cyborg

well when your fighting style is heavily reliant on your physical attributes and then you get popped for PEDs, all your credibility is shot

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Wallass

This is little more than a smear campaign by Ronda and her manager. If Ronda wanted the fight she'd never left 145. You left 145 cause you can't beat Cyborg Ronda and I actually can't wait for this fight if it ever happens as Rondas long overdue for a humbling.

Cyborg made the press release stating that medical professionals have told her she cannot make the weight.

This is just Rousey's camp responding.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

So wonder what Cyborg's doc had to say about her using PEDs.
I really think Ronda would have fought Cyborg at her weight class if she didn't get popped for PED. Cyborg style has always been strength and power to win. So yes PEDs did give her an unfair advantage. I think asking her to fight at a weight that would make her drop some of the muscle mass she put on while using PEDs is totally a fare request.

Posted by telnights

So wonder what Cyborg's doc had to say about her using PEDs.
I really think Ronda would have fought Cyborg at her weight class if she didn't get popped for PED. Cyborg style has always been strength and power to win. So yes PEDs did give her an unfair advantage. I think asking her to fight at a weight that would make her drop some of the muscle mass she put on while using PEDs is totally a fare request.

Its hard to argue with sense. Also Ronda is the only one with a belt out of the two, why move up to a devision with no one else in it except a cheat who refuses to move down?

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

She can walk into any doctor's office in Brazil and get whatever she wants.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]