MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC featherweight Eddie Yagin hospitalized with head injury suffered in training   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Eddie Yagin is likely out of his UFC on FOX 5 match up with Denis Siver after the featherweight fighter suffered a head injury in training that required him to be admitted to the emergency room.

Jason House of Iridium Sports Agency, who represents Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight fighter, Eddie Yagin (16-5-1), shared some troubling news Monday evening (Nov. 12, 2012).

Check out his cryptic Tweet below:

"Please keep @EddieYaginMMA in your prayers. He got admitted to the ER today due to a head injury he suffered training."

The details surrounding the incident are unknown at this time, however, it can only be assumed that Yagin's bout with Dennis Siver, which is scheduled for UFC on FOX 5 on Dec. 8, 2012, in Seattle, Wash., is in jeopardy.

Link

Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

Hope he's ok and its not to bad.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Curious who will replace him

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Curious who will replace him

Me too, with a tweet that cryptic and a head injury prompting an ER visit, he basically will not be cleared by December.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Hope he makes a speedy recovery, I wonder how it happened/what it is. I may be wrong, but head injuries are rarely the reason for medical suspensions after events. I live in Seattle and was really looking forward to this scrap.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by jay98107

Hope he makes a speedy recovery, I wonder how it happened/what it is. I may be wrong, but head injuries are rarely the reason for medical suspensions after events. I live in Seattle and was really looking forward to this scrap.

There's always a 30-day suspension if a guy get's KO'd after a event. In Brutal Cases 45-days and a CT scan clearance or something like that.

Assuming this guy had to go to the ER, He most likely will be out 45-days and need clearance before starting to train again.

This is scary, Yagin is a beast and took everything Mark had. Was he sparring with HeavyWeights or something?

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Poor Yagin just won the fight of his life & this happens terrible news

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

I was really looking fwd to this fight. I hope he is OK. I will find out soon enough. His camp was at our Gym and he coaches my kids sometimes. Super cool dude.

[View Full Version of this Page]