MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Belcher-Okami rounds out UFC 155 main card; Leben-Vemola, Pickett-Wineland to prelims   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A middleweight rematch more than six years in the making between Alan Belcher and Yushin Okami will fill out the main card for the UFC's year-end event.

The fight, which was announced by UFC officials two months ago, remained a strong candidate for placement on the UFC 155 main card, but also had competition from other bouts at the event.

But sources close to the card on Monday told MMAjunkie.com that the middleweights will fill out the top portion of the bill.

LINK

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

imo Wineland/Pickett should be on the main card

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

I agree Bub. Pickett and Wineland are in the top10 at BW and they are 2 of the most exciting fighters that division has. Not having them on the main card is a mistake imo

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

I agree Bub. Pickett and Wineland are in the top10 at BW and they are 2 of the most exciting fighters that division has. Not having them on the main card is a mistake imo

I agree with the both of you, the fight is definitely PPV worthy, it's just hard to fit them in with the others who are on there, at least it's not like a bullshit fight is on the PPV instead of this one. Hell, the prelims, could be a FX main card in itself.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I would say 6 fight main card
But some of those main card fights will go the distance

Ufc still needs to add one or two more
Facebook prelim bouts to this

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I agree that Wineland Pickett should be elevated to the main card, but with the card being so stacked the only fight that could be lowered to allow that would be Griffin Davis. We all know that wont happen, besides a lot of fighters like to be on the free prelims because of the amount they would viewed by the casual fans.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Pickett/Wiman are still one or two more wins away from being considered title challengers so I'm not too upset they're not on the main card since it's a stacked card.

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

Love the Belcher/Okami rematch. Okami will have a much harder time. Belcher has really come into his own.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Bythar

Love the Belcher/Okami rematch. Okami will have a much harder time. Belcher has really come into his own.

Posted by prozacnation1978

11 fights are announced already, how many more do you expect??

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

one or two just because a fight or two might go bye bye due to injuries. Its just a way to save the undercard and if injuries don't happen it stacks the card that much more

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BuffaloDave

one or two just because a fight or two might go bye bye due to injuries. Its just a way to save the undercard and if injuries don't happen it stacks the card that much more

That's true, I must have miss read Prozac's post, I didn't see the one or two more, I pulled a Kingsmasha and didn't fully read it, just a quick glance and put my two cents in, but both of you are correct!! And to top it off, my response sounds even more stupid because most UFC cards have that 12 fights per card range....

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I agree that Wineland Pickett should be elevated to the main card, but with the card being so stacked the only fight that could be lowered to allow that would be Griffin Davis. We all know that wont happen, besides a lot of fighters like to be on the free prelims because of the amount they would viewed by the casual fans.

Unfortunately I agree. I would also like to raise some din with Pickett vs Wineland being on the undercard, especially both coming off brutal KO wins, but it can't be helped. This card is just TOO stacked, they need to remove some of these fights or my brain might

[View Full Version of this Page]