MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Finally back in win column, UFC on FUEL TV 6's Thiago Silva wants more frequency   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

When Thiago Silva got up off the canvas on Saturday in Macau, the scorecards didn't matter. Not in the least. 

The Brazilian took advantage of either his opponent's waning energy or lack of attention, took him to the canvas, mounted him, then transitioned to an arm-triangle choke that he cranked until Stanislav Nedkov tapped. 

What may come as a surprise to some is, had the fight gone the distance, Silva already was in line to win with the judges.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Healthy and in shape....clean? Why not let Vera attempt his revenge? If that doen't happen Hammil, Igor and Bader could be winnable match ups.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Healthy and in shape....clean? Why not let Vera attempt his revenge? If that doen't happen Hammil, Igor and Bader could be winnable match ups.

Thiago looked cut and clean, this would be the perfect match up to see if Vera can pull his ass into gear or whether he should just go surfing a la Arona

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I wouldn't mind the Vera rematch, it was already supposed to happen before.

Budge threw out the idea of Manuwa in another thread, another fight that would be pretty good for Silva and even better for us fans.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I wouldn't mind the Vera rematch, it was already supposed to happen before.

Budge threw out the idea of Manuwa in another thread, another fight that would be pretty good for Silva and even better for us fans.

I like the Vera rematch, myself. The UFC would be making a mistake putting Manuwa in with Silva. I realize Silva prefers to strike, but if he went for the take down I think he could sub Manuwa in the first round easily. That would derail a new and exciting fighter who seriously lacks a ground game.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

The LHW divisions been put on notice. Thiago is back

Vera, Vinny, Igor, Manuwa, Hamill, Perosh or Diabatte all best be warned. Cause the alphamale is back and it's only a matter of time till he's fighting lower tiered guys again.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

[View Full Version of this Page]