MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
I've had a sh*tty day but, what the f*ck has happened to manners!?   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by prozacnation1978

Smile

Your way more patient than me
I would have knocked the fucker out and pawned his phone

"Unable to accept props, you have given out the maximum limit of props for 24 hours already."

^^^ First time I've ever seen this but you will get yours. Chuckles=

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

SmileR, you and me both. I have had similar encounters but they never get physical.

I go into Popeyes and I see a young black woman ( in her late 20s ) sitting outside by the entrance door. I already know what I'll be asked when I come out - it happens all the time at this place. So I go in, I order my chicken, got my chicken and now I'm coming out. As I start to pass this young black woman, she begs me for some change. I mumble "Sorry," and continue walking.

She hollers at me, "Hey, can't you spare something to help me out? Come on, I know you have some change."

My eyes roll in disbelief but I stopped and reached in my pocket to fumble through the change I had. I knew I had less than 15 cents in change and a dollar bill in my pocket. I couldn't feel the small coins - so I pulled out everything. I gave her the change and kept the dollar.

She had the nerve to say, "Are you serious? You have a dollar and you only gave me this?"

By this time - I'm furious but I knew it was pointless to continue the conversation and I just kept walking. I was angry with myself for how I handled the situation. Part of me wanted to front kick her where she sat. That would have made my 12 or 13 cents worth it.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

i had a similarish situation somewhat recently. More disrespectful than anything, but my ex broke up with me a while back to get with her ex again, for like the 5th time. So what, shit happens, I was a little down and decided I was going to go visit my best friend to get my mind off it.

Well on the way to my buddy's house I pass her once again bf and as we drive by each other he flips me off. I was absolutely furious. He doesn't even know a single thing about me. Literally the only thing he knows is that I dated his girlfriend, and that's it.

I immediately turned my car around and followed him until he parked his car and got out and confronted him about being a disrespecful douche bag. I shouted at him called him an asshole and said someting along the lines of "how the fuck can you disrespect someone you don't even fucking know?!" He called me a prick and said that it's my fault for dating his girlfriend and all this other stupid shit.

I basically try to leave with a sturn warning telling him that if I ever see that shit happen again I'd beat his ass and that there is no excuse for his behavior. As I walk back to my car and as I go to open my car door I hear hurried footsteps behind me and I turn around just in time to see him raise his fist to try to sucker punch me. I managed to duck under and grab his legs and pick him up and throw him down and as he got back up I kicked him in the balls Bas Rutten style. I then got up and got in my car as he called me a p*ssy. I just drove away.

To this day he still shoots me dirty glares when he sees me, but he doesn't try anything, or he just hasn't had the opportunity.

As I've always said, if it were someone I know and we never got along and that happened, I'd be like, what a douche, but not have done anything about it, but the fact that it was someone who doesn't even know me I was furious.

I was raised to put respect for others above always, so I always say please and thank you and show others respect. I was just going to be like fair play to the guy for getting her back, but that ruined it. It irritates me that these people have no tact or no respect for others.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Wrote a long response, internet ate it. Sorry about your day, but I think you did a good job avoiding making a serious mistake like many of us would have.

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Common courtesy, manners, and common decency are all becoming nonexistent. I am very fortunate to live in northern Minnesota. People around here are "old fashioned," so "please" and "thank you" are still common terms. But there are many rude, smug individuals around here as well. I am always polite, even if the other person doesn't deserve it. If I hold a door for someone and they don't say thank you, I say "you're welcome" in a very direct manner with a hint of sarcasm. It is my way of dealing with the lack of decency.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I didn't know Jon Jones was 5'4.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

SmileR, you and me both. I have had similar encounters but they never get physical.

I go into Popeyes and I see a young black woman ( in her late 20s ) sitting outside by the entrance door. I already know what I'll be asked when I come out - it happens all the time at this place. So I go in, I order my chicken, got my chicken and now I'm coming out. As I start to pass this young black woman, she begs me for some change. I mumble "Sorry," and continue walking.

She hollers at me, "Hey, can't you spare something to help me out? Come on, I know you have some change."

My eyes roll in disbelief but I stopped and reached in my pocket to fumble through the change I had. I knew I had less than 15 cents in change and a dollar bill in my pocket. I couldn't feel the small coins - so I pulled out everything. I gave her the change and kept the dollar.

She had the nerve to say, "Are you serious? You have a dollar and you only gave me this?"

By this time - I'm furious but I knew it was pointless to continue the conversation and I just kept walking. I was angry with myself for how I handled the situation. Part of me wanted to front kick her where she sat. That would have made my 12 or 13 cents worth it.

So the manners moral is she should have just held up a sign asking for change instead of voicing it?

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

So the manners moral is she should have just held up a sign asking for change instead of voicing it?

sounds like she more than voiced it. Sounds like she damn near demanded he give her some money. Thats a knife or gun short of robbing someone. I know it wasn't that extreme but coming from someone who has been robbed at knifepoint, once someone starts saying "give me, give me" I simply walk away because they have no respect. Beggars can't be choosers

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

sounds like she more than voiced it. Sounds like she damn near demanded he give her some money. Thats a knife or gun short of robbing someone. I know it wasn't that extreme but coming from someone who has been robbed at knifepoint, once someone starts saying "give me, give me" I simply walk away because they have no respect. Beggars can't be choosers

Well he did say she was sitting, never said she stood and got in his face (not saying you said as much), but obviously we arent there to judge how loud she was yelling, but it really didnt seem that extreme. And not its not because its KFM's story

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I think the moral here is don't give money to random people who ask for it

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Had to post in this thread after what I just witnessed. I live in a town home, with a large grassed area in front of our complex. I happened to be looking outside my bedroom window on the second floor, and saw a lady, walking her dog, stop to let the dog crap. This is no big deal, as it's a fairly high traffic area, with many joggers, walkers, etc. Well, the dog does its' business, and the lady walks over to where the dog crapped, looks around to see if anybody was watching, and proceeds to walk away like nothing happened. WTF is wrong with people nowadays? If I didn't have my son with me, I would have ran outside with a bag for her, and told her to scoop it up. My son loves to play in that area, and I'll be damned if he picks up a piece of crap and proceeds to eat it. I mean, c'mon man. Why don't you have a bag with you?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Haha great stories in this thread. I spent a majority of yesterday walking around Chicago and was asked by at least five different people for money. I had a $10 bill and my credit card on me, that was it. Told each one simply "Don't have any cash on me, sorry brother," and continued my day. Simple as that.

Kind of funny, one of them came up to me and went to shake my hand. The first thing he said was "Don't worry, I ain't tryin to rob you," which made me think "Holy shit, is this guy trying to rob me?"

Moral of the story: If you want anything from someone, don't walk up to them and say you aren't going to harm them. It's like me approaching a girl at a bar and introducing myself by saying "Don't worry, I ain't tryin to rape you."

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

Posted by jakewalters

Haha great stories in this thread. I spent a majority of yesterday walking around Chicago and was asked by at least five different people for money. I had a $10 bill and my credit card on me, that was it. Told each one simply "Don't have any cash on me, sorry brother," and continued my day. Simple as that.

Kind of funny, one of them came up to me and went to shake my hand. The first thing he said was "Don't worry, I ain't tryin to rob you," which made me think "Holy shit, is this guy trying to rob me?"

Moral of the story: If you want anything from someone, don't walk up to them and say you aren't going to harm them. It's like me approaching a girl at a bar and introducing myself by saying "Don't worry, I ain't tryin to rape you."

welcome to Chicago!! Going to a Cubs game you are practically raped by the 40 year olds trying to raise money for their high school football team or the guy crying because he just became homeless even though you can tell hes been homeless for a while. I just walk by and keep my hands in my pockets and smile.

The ones I will give money to are the ones that have the balls to admit what they want the money for.

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by jakewalters

welcome to Chicago!! Going to a Cubs game you are practically raped by the 40 year olds trying to raise money for their high school football team or the guy crying because he just became homeless even though you can tell hes been homeless for a while. I just walk by and keep my hands in my pockets and smile.

The ones I will give money to are the ones that have the balls to admit what they want the money for.

Yeah, when I first got here I just ignored a homeless dude who was asking me for money walking into a Potbelly's sandwich shop and he sarcastically (I think) yelled "ENJOY YOUR LUNCH, THANKS A LOT" at me. Now I just tell them I don't have cash. The homeless people in Florida don't have enough energy to scream at you if you ignore them, the heat probably takes it out of them. My heart does really go out to the homeless people here though.. this cold is not something I would want to fuck with whatsoever.

On a more positive note, did it snow out where you are Chris? We got our first snow of the year here last night and it delighted the shit out of my Floridian ass.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

On a semi lighter note, in addendum to the posts about being asked for money, in Cinci there was a guy with no legs in a wheel chair who would ask for money via cardboard sign. The sign read: Give me money or I'll kick you in the face.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]