MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
The Night I Found out Jon Jones is an A**Hole, by Jazz Singh Gill   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

It was Saturday night in Las Vegas and after a week in Sin City which had left me emotionally, physically and financially drained, I was hoping to have an epic final night of my holiday.

So, when I saw MMA superstar and possibly one of the greatest athletes of all time Jon ‘Bones’ Jones outside club XS in the Encore hotel, as a huge fight fan it is easy to understand how I felt. A chance to meet, greet and get a picture with this living legend was going to make my night.

As he strode up to the club, decked out in his nightclub wear, shades on, I caught his eye.

“Mr Bones Jones, champ! I am a huge fan, can I get a picture please!?”

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

After reading that I think the writer should invest in a box of kleenex. I don't particularly like the way Jones's attitude seems to have changed, but he doesn't owe this guy a photo when he's out trying to have a good time, and for the guy to chase him around feeling so entitled is just as bad if not worse than Jones blowing him off. Screw this whiner.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

A day in the life of a bro.

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

I don't like Jon Jones either, but I can't stand this article. Let me go one by one with things he said...

1) A chance to meet, greet and get a picture with this living legend was going to make my night.
So you can tell even before assessing the situation the author expected Jones to "meet and greet" with him. What if he was busy? When I see a celebrity I'll give them a head nod and a smile, but I don't want to take up their time if they're busy. This guy is obviously the douchebag who thinks the world revolves around him.

2) I only had one thing on my mind. I wanted to find Jon Jones and ask him why he so rudely blanked me ... I followed him downstairs. He went to the bar. I went up behind him.
Lol at this guy making stalking sound like investigative journalism.

3) I saw him upstairs a few times again, getting his grove on dancing and getting up-close-and-personal with a lovely looking Asian lady (of which I have a picture – that is not a threat) but he was only interested in speaking with his friend and females.
MY GOD! Jones went to a club and wanted to talk to his friends and girls, not stalker UFC fans. What an asshole.

4) I hope Dana White reads this, I hope Greg Jackson does too. I hope his father, his wife and his brothers all read this.
So he was at a club, was too busy to tell you his life story, took a pic with you, and now you hope HIS OWN FAMILY thinks less of him for it? This guy is so self absorbed it makes me sick.

5) The last line of this article: “A champion owes everybody something. He can never pay back for all the help he got, for making him an idol.”
So... everyone who's famous owes him their time? Give me a fucking break, this guy is the posterboy for the entitled fan who thinks these guys having nothing better to do than rub elbows with him.

Two weeks ago Bert Kreischer invited me to go to a bar and drink with him, and it was the time of my life. I was so appreciative to spend some time with one of my favorite comics. He didn't owe me a thing, and I didn't expect a thing, but we still had a blast. If you ask this author though, you'd think that Bert owed me this because he was famous. I don't like Jon Jones either but this article is ridiculous.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Jones shoulda bow'd this in the face.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I've got to agree with the guys above me. This author has issues.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

should've taken the hint after the first encounter. sounds like a guy looking for a story, no matter how the situation had ended, he was going to get some stuff to write about.

UFC 151: Never Forget

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

After reading that I think the writer should invest in a box of kleenex. I don't particularly like the way Jones's attitude seems to have changed, but he doesn't owe this guy a photo when he's out trying to have a good time, and for the guy to chase him around feeling so entitled is just as bad if not worse than Jones blowing him off. Screw this whiner.

All I got from this story is the writer is a needy little bitch.

But also agree JJ is a dickhead

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

What did Singh Gill say to Jon Jones when he found him hanging out with his friends?

Let me hang, bro!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I once asked Nate Diaz for a pic and dude couldn't have been bothered to even say no but I would have been humiliated if I'd stalked him out and asked him again. LOL get the point, people have bad days.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

JJ is a dickhead to fans. My friend was at UFC Chi-Town getting pics with UFC fighter's with his gf. His camera acted up with the JJ picture and he asked if he could have another. Jones pulled out his phone and pretended to be on it in the picture.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't feel bad. Can't tell you how many MMA fighters I didn't get autographs with just cause there is a time and place for that.

I saw texeira fight day in the morning at a brunch with his gal. Didn't want to disturb him

Another is sitting next to matt Hughes and his wife while he was getting smootchy smootchy with her while waiting for his car. Time and place for that sort of stuff

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

I have mixed feelings for celebrities having problems in public. It would be very annoying not getting any peace in public, but that is the life of a celebrity. Deal with it. Just put on a happy face and take it in stride. That being said, Jones looked annoyed and rightfully so. THAT being said, I think Jones is a huge dick, but it is the people still trying to portray him as a nice guy that are really annoying.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Jones is a tool though that's not up for debate, as is the fact that he is very good at MMA. That's one of the reasons I want Andy Silva to stop picking on GSP and get on the cage with Jones. I can't think of many other fighters below HW that I think have a chance of beating Jones. I wouldn't say I am a massive Silva fan but I admire him more than Jones. What Silva does on the cage is down to years of practice whereas what Jones does is down to being lucky enough to be born with certain physical attributes. Oh and did I mention he's a tool?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]