MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dave Herman’s UFC 153 Marijuana Suspension Includes Rehab Requirement   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman failed their drug tests following their respective bouts at UFC 153 on Oct. 13 in Brazil. Now, each has been handed down his suspension by UFC officials.

Since Brazil does not have a sanctioning body to oversee mixed martial arts, the UFC policed itself at UFC 153, hiring a third party company to administer drug testing. UFC 153 was held at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Herman – who test positive for marijuana – did not receive his suspension until Thursday.

Herman has been suspended for “six months from the day of the fight and must undergo and participate in an approved rehabilitation program, and have a clean drug test when the suspension is over, UFC vice president of regulatory affairs Marc Ratner told MMAWeekly.com.

While the UFC is forced to police itself in jurisdictions without a commission, such as Brazil, they did take Herman’s case a step further than most athletic commissions. Most commissions would likely have suspended Herman, but not necessarily added the requirement that he attend an approved rehab program.

Herman will be eligible to return from suspension, granted he meets all of the necessary requirements, on April 13, 2013.

LINK

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Imo that's a little dumb

Rehab is for addicts. I highly highly doubt he is an addict. And before the naysayers start harping. When I say addicts I mean hard drug users. The fact that there are virtually nonexistent withdrawal symptoms is directing my original comment about this being a little over the top

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by george112

Imo that's a little dumb

Rehab is for addicts. I highly highly doubt he is an addict. And before the naysayers start harping. When I say addicts I mean hard drug users. The fact that there are virtually nonexistent withdrawal symptoms is directing my original comment about this being a little over the top

A little dumb? It's very, very dumb.

Yeah with both you guys, its also a waste of time and money to send someone to rehab for weed.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

If everyone who toked had to go to rehab, the health care system would be worse off than it is already.

Posted by Franklinfan47

If everyone who toked had to go to rehab, the health care system would be worse off than it is already.

Shit would be crazy, Rehab clinics would be full in every state!

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

What's dumb is the face Herman is still in the UFC.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Fuck that. Losers on all kinds of roids and hormones and shit and they want Pee Wee in rehab. FOH.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

Really.....

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

so silly

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

I quit doing all drugs so I can get a new job,. I quit monthly use of MDMA analogues, weekly use of Weed, and weekly use of liquor.

Guess which one is giving me trouble.... liquor... Retards....

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

To bad this fight wasn't in Colorado post presidential elections.....

You can toke there all you want.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Still federally illegal. UFCs commissions will still screw people for weed.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Still federally illegal. UFCs commissions will still screw people for weed.

yeah . also even though its "legal" companies could still make it illegal to have in your system while working for them. just like you can't go to work drunk well same applies to weed. all I'm saying is that drug tests are not going to go away just because its legal

ive vaped on my lunch break though and enjoyed the rest of my day at work

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]