MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After defeat in Rio, Erick Silva returns to the Octagon at UFC 156 in February   [View Full Version]
crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

Erick Silva Returns at UFC 156

Translated >

After defeat in Rio, Erick Silva returns to the Octagon at UFC 156 in February

Erick Silva is another Brazilian on the card of UFC 156, which will be held in Las Vegas on Feb. 2. As the magazine's website published the "tatami", the welterweight capixaba is confirmed at the event, but still has no opponent set. The other names that will represent the country are the featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, who will try to defend his belt against Frankie Edgar in the main event, and Rogerio Nogueira, who faces Rashad Evans.

After a fulminant start in Ultimate, Erick lost his last fight to American Jon Fitch at UFC Rio III, on October 13, by unanimous decision. The duel was awarded as the best of the night, and each took home the equivalent of $ 140 thousand.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

I'm very interested in this, not just because of Silva's potential for violence but to see how he rebounds after the meat grinder of the Fitch fight. He showed a ton of heart and earned mad respect, but his lack of a gameplan and middling cardio cost him the decision. He's still young, still has plenty of time to address this, and it's better to see these possible watershed moments live.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very nice to see him fight again
If I had to make two guesses for opponent it would be

Jake Ellenburger or siyar

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'd like to see him up against Rick Story.

JackHammerXXX » Posted 6/24/08 7:34:00PM

Love this guys stuff. I say give him a Hieron, Neer, or Story matchup. If Rory were to lose in a month, might be risky, but I'd love to see that fight!

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

I hope he does well. He's a different type of fighter than most of the guys at 170 and I don't want to see guys who take tough, competitive fights have their careers derailed for it.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd like to see him up against Rick Story.

I agree, coming off a loss, he needs a lesser opponent than his last.
I picked him vs Fitch, and there were a couple of points when I thought I'd proved the naysayers wrong.
I think the loss was the perfect thing to happen to him, and will be grounding. Like Rogaine was saying, he needs to respect his opponents.

NaturalBornKiller92 » Posted 12/12/10 11:24:00PM

There's a good chance he gets into title contention this year. War Silva

[View Full Version of this Page]