MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rampage Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira Set For UFC On Fox 6 In January   [View Full Version]
Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

A date has finally been set for the last fight on Quinton Jackson's UFC contract. The former Light Heavyweight champion was originally scheduled to face Glover Teixeira in the co-main event of UFC 153. However, Rampage was forced from the contest after suffering an elbow injury only 3 weeks before the event. Glover went on to put a vicious beating on Fabio Maldonado. Following Teixeira's win, both he and Rampage asked to have their original match rescheduled.

Tonight, Jackson tweeted that they now have a date set for the fight on his Twitter:

@Rampage4real Outside the cage I hate no one. Life is too short for that. In side the cage my Job is to destroy! Glover is done on Jan 26 n Chicago..

LINK

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

At least theyre efficiently hyping Glover from Rampages name. I hope the Page lands a biggun.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Could be a bad idea showcasing Rampage on Fox in a very winnable last fight on his contract.

Not saying he will beat Glover, but it's certainly a risk in my opinion.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Wow, this card is incredible already with just 3 fights added.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed. The UFC seems to be getting it right on the Fox cards now, with regards to showcasing emerging contenders/talent.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

This is a great match up. I'm glad the UFC manage to get this fight back on track. Like him or not Rampage has been one of the best LHW in the world for a long time and Glover wants to be known as one of the best, if he can beat Rampage he will definitely be putting himself up there

Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

I know this card is gonna be sick FOX is getting all the love.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hope Glover wipes the floor with him and knocks some screws back in place in his head.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Hope Glover wipes the floor with him and knocks some screws back in place in his head.

THISx1000

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I have honestly watched both of them fight for man years now and I think Rampage will pull this off. His chin is a bit better, for those key of you new to Glover just watch his last fight.....dude does get rocked just a little bit easier than Page and Page punches way harder than Maldinado who should honestly be a MW. Page will get in the kind of exchanges he likes and does well in, Glover will definitely oblige him on that. Page has fought so many wrestlers in a row now that his tdd is actually pretty damn good so I think he will be able to suceed there. I will be picking Rampage all day.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I have honestly watched both of them fight for man years now and I think Rampage will pull this off. His chin is a bit better, for those key of you new to Glover just watch his last fight.....dude does get rocked just a little bit easier than Page and Page punches way harder than Maldinado who should honestly be a MW. Page will get in the kind of exchanges he likes and does well in, Glover will definitely oblige him on that. Page has fought so many wrestlers in a row now that his tdd is actually pretty damn good so I think he will be able to suceed there. I will be picking Rampage all day.

I agree here...

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I agree with some of what you said, but when was the last time we seen Rampage actually threw some leather?? He has lacked that killer instinct for awhile now.

Still a great match up, this Fox card has 3 great fights already.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by jae_1833

I agree with some of what you said, but when was the last time we seen Rampage actually threw some leather?? He has lacked that killer instinct for awhile now.

Still a great match up, this Fox card has 3 great fights already.

Rampage will throw leather if he's not scared shitless of the takedown. Difference will be experience and Glovers speed I think is a LOT higher. Speed kills.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

A past his prime rampage vs. a big time up-and-comer. I think Glover makes Rampage look silly. I think he can take it any way he wants. I personally hope he delievers an absolute beating like he gave to Maldonado. If he does, Rampage will be finished in Round 1. He doesnt have the chin or heart anymore to take a potential beating like that. If I was Rampage, Id be extremely nervous for this fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]