MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cung Le Not Retiring After Rich Franklin Fight   [View Full Version]
Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

Cung Le (8-2) knows that his time in MMA is starting to tick away, but that doesn't mean the undefeated kickboxer is planning to retire after his next fight. Le recently revealed that he has several fights left on his UFC contract.

"This isn't the last fight on my contract," said Le on The MMA Hour. "I actually have a six fight deal, so after this fight it will be my half way mark. I'm taking it one fight at a time, and not looking too far ahead, right now. The crosshairs are on Rich Franklin, and nothing else."

With three fights left on his contract, Le knows age is not a friend of the sport and his career can only continue for so long.

"I'm 40 years old," said Le. "I know I won't be fighting until I'm 50, but I do know that I've got a couple more good fights left in me. I really try not to think too far ahead. For me, it always revolves around my current fight."

LINK

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

It's good to hear, any fight Le is has the chance to be exciting, just with his kicks he throws.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I'd still like to see Le/Leben or Le/Belcher at some point. He might retire before he gets the chance to fight either of them but they'd both be fun.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'd still like to see Le/Leben or Le/Belcher at some point. He might retire before he gets the chance to fight either of them but they'd both be fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing either fight, I'd say Leben could actually be a good possibility, unless Cung beats Franklin, then Belcher could in fact be a real possibility as well.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Cung matches up with Franklin pretty fair, I would say Franklin wins this fight more often but Franklin's style plays into Le's strength

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Lets just hope Le retires from acting.....

Chael's PREDICTION

Math Teacher TKO - - - rd 4

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I enjoy le fights.
I doubt he wins. But le vs Okami would be nice next year in Japan

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

if you can still fight fight theres to much ephasis on retirment thesedays sure some guys hold on to long but just as often there are guys who can fight well into middle age in any combat sport. For example if tito ortiz took a step down in competiton he would have been a very succsesfull mid teir fighter

guys like anthony perosh cung le cyrille diabate antonio mcee
can all make money for there familys so we as fans should stiop presuring fighters to call it quits because of there age

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

I don't know if it's injuries or a lack of motivation or just old age...but his style of fighting is highly demanding and he simply can't let himself get out of shape and hope to fight that way for three, much less five, full rounds against UFC level competition.

[View Full Version of this Page]