MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC's Dana White to Bellator's Eddie Alvarez: 'Let's talk'   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Despite losing his title to unbeaten talent Michael Chandler in last year's "Fight of the Year" candidate, Alvarez has likely raised his stock in his two most recent performances, the aforementioned knockout of Pitbull, as well as avenging a loss to elite Japanese grappler Shinya Aoki earlier this year via first round technical knockout.

Needless to say, UFC President Dana White was impressed with what he saw last night. Here's what he had to say to Alvarez on Twitter:

LINK

Great day to be an Alvarez fan

Personally, I want Alvarez vs. Jim Miller next

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Dana will pick Eddie up at all costs. Taking one of the faces of Bellator away from them just before the Spike deal would be worth every penny IMO. I can't imagine a scenario where this didn't happen.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Personally, I want Alvarez vs. Jim Miller next

No No No Alvarez and Cerrone....Just because Alvarez thinks hes the best LW out there...

Posted by grappler0000

Dana will pick Eddie up at all costs. Taking one of the faces of Bellator away from them just before the Spike deal would be worth every penny IMO. I can't imagine a scenario where this didn't happen.

Alvarez strikes me as a guy who likes being a big fish in a small pond.....I doubt he leaves Bellator....Basically if he came to the UFC he would be another gatekeeper at LW...We have plenty of those....

In Bellator he could get a title shot every 6 months, be relevant and somewhat of a celebrity in that organization but I dont see him beating Chandler....I didnt then and dont now...

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Alvarez strikes me as a guy who likes being a big fish in a small pond.....I doubt he leaves Bellator....Basically if he came to the UFC he would be another gatekeeper at LW...We have plenty of those....

In Bellator he could get a title shot every 6 months, be relevant and somewhat of a celebrity in that organization but I dont see him beating Chandler....I didnt then and dont now...

Gatekeeper?? Are you serious or is this a joke??? where do you rank Alvarez right now is what I would like to know??

Posted by sparky

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Gatekeeper?? Are you serious or is this a joke??? where do you rank Alvarez right now is what I would like to know??

Kingsmasher's opinion is fact, you didn't know that Sparky? That means Ben Askren is the best WW in the world and I don't get to have an opinion on who I'd like Alvarez to fight first.

Posted by sparky

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

I dont see him beating Cerrone, Pettis, Edgar, I hate to say Nate Diaz, or Ben Henderson....I actually think Gleison Tibau would use a double leg and beat Alvarez all day...So therefore a gatekeeper...to the top 5...but I named 6... oh and Gray Maynard...So 7

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by sparky

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Kingsmasher's opinion is fact, you didn't know that Sparky? That means Ben Askren is the best WW in the world and I don't get to have an opinion on who I'd like Alvarez to fight first.

Askren would be great but Bellator is definitely hurting him greatly for pushing him....I believe I said he would beat GSP 2 years ago...Im yet to see Askren tested...I figured he was trying to get to the UFC but IM not so sure with their champion clause in the contract......

When did I say my opinion is fact...besides saying Fedor fought cans, fact...Jon Jones is best P4P, Fact...lol and I didnt wanna see Alvarez andMiller first in a UFC fight...also a fact....

Alvarez has said before he thinks hes the best LW in the world...I want him to prove it....I dont think he will...I dont think he will come to the UFC...I also dont see the UFC offering him a huge contract...just not worth it IMO...

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Alvarez in UFC

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I really wonder how far Eddie can go in the UFC. He's very skilled, but as we saw against Patricky Pitbull, and every fight, he always gets rocked. He always comes back, but I wonder if there aren't a couple guys at LW who could exploit that.

Alvarez vs. Guillard would be a good litmus test, in my opinion.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Here's the simple version of why he'll be in the UFC: If Bellator couldn't afford Lombard they can't afford Eddie

I disagree with what you're saying about where Eddie ranks as well, just because he could lose to Pettis, Cerrone, Diaz, etc. doesn't make him a gatekeeper, all those guys could lose to each other and to Eddie and it doesn't make any of them gatekeepers, it just shows the parity of the LW division.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by sparky

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

I dont see him beating Cerrone, Pettis, Edgar, I hate to say Nate Diaz, or Ben Henderson....I actually think Gleison Tibau would use a double leg and beat Alvarez all day...So therefore a gatekeeper...to the top 5...but I named 6... oh and Gray Maynard...So 7

Eddie would smoke Tibau. Eddie is easily a top 10 LW I dont see how anyone can not think so......to each his own I guess at this point

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

The risk is losing 2 in a row and then being cut.
Very possible. good solid fighters have come into the UFC lost a couple then been cut. I kind of don't want that to happen. I like how he's having success outside the UFC. Keep your value Eddie. Don't let Dana use you until you lose then throw you under the bus

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I agree that Eddie is a top 10 fighter. Probably somewhere in between there. Don't like the fact he get's rocked every fight. He would be an exciting addition to the division.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]