MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's Jake Shields says he's suspended six months for banned substance   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies' Boxing Commission has issued UFC fighter Jake Shields a six-month suspension for using a prohibited substance prior to his fight at UFC 150, the fighter today announced.

Shields' reps at Authentic Sports Management emailed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) a prepared statement from the fighter.

In it, Shields acknowledges to using a banned substance and accepting the commission's half-year suspension.

However, he didn't reveal what the substance was, and the commission hasn't specified what was detected in his post-fight drug test.A source told MMAjunkie.com the Association of Boxing Commissions' database currently doesn't list any information about Shields' failed test, though it'll likely be added soon...

Full Story

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Worst news I've heard all day...

I'm a huge shields fan but its mainly cause I've had an awesome day!

Dirty Blue

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I'm thinking pot.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

no doubt it was miss mary jane.
hes BFF with Nick & Nate PLUS his dad just died a while back, a little herbal medicine probably found its way into little Jakey's head after a beer or two.

I hope they deem his boring ass win over Short Fuse a NC now.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's you're answer!!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

That PED failed too!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I read it wrong and thought it was for being a banned substance, like some kind of sleep aid.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Got to respect Jake for being out in front of this one. I'm not a fan of his but I appreciate the honesty.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

for manning up.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Didn't work still boring.

His honesty is refreshing though.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Didn't work still boring.

His honesty is refreshing though.

I doubt it was a performance enhancer. Almost definitely it was pot or something similar.

So I'm not sure how it was supposed to "work."

941_Florida_Boy » Posted 5/17/09 9:17:00AM

I just can't understand why any athlete with SO MUCH to lose would ever risk being caught using any unauthorized substance of any kind and subsequently be forced "not to earn money" (by fighting) therefore jeopardizing what they have already worked so hard for...

Wow - even I had trouble reading my comment just now, lol, probably because I'm high

[View Full Version of this Page]