MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
BJJ not in Olympics   [View Full Version]
samelia » Posted 7/14/12 5:09:00AM

- Obviously it's the wrong sort of people deciding what sports are to participate in the Olympics

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I got tickets for the synchronised swimming and I feel your insulting me

Dirty Blue

Posted by jjeans

that post was purely for you JJeans

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

those synchronized swimming pics always crack me up. in all seriousness, BJJ needs to be in the Olympics. the thing holding it back the most is there IS ground submissions on the ground in judo so probably alot of people think BJJ is unnecessary.

Posted by tcunningham

those synchronized swimming pics always crack me up. in all seriousness, BJJ needs to be in the Olympics. the thing holding it back the most is there IS ground submissions on the ground in judo so probably alot of people think BJJ is unnecessary.

I've also heard people say that they're in two minds about whether BJJ (or MMA in general) should be in the Olympics because they believe they would enforce so many restrictions and rules that it wouldn't quite make it the sport as we know it

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by samelia

Posted by jjeans

that post was purely for you JJeans

Meanie

Dirty Blue

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I thought Brazil had the option of adding an event, since the next olympics will be held there? If so, I would be super surprised if they added anything not jitsu.

[View Full Version of this Page]