MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
bjpenn.com Reports Strikeforce is Done   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/10/08/rumor-strikeforce-mma-promotion-shutting-doors-mma-news-38573.html

Sources close to BJPENN.com informed us just moments ago that Strikeforce operations are set to cease and that the promotion is going out of business.

The rumor comes shortly after news broke that Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF) was forced to pull out of his title fight with Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF) due to a wrist injury.

The middleweight title fight was the second key loss to a scheduled November 3rd card, following the loss of a heavyweight main event bout between Frank Mir and Daniel Cormier.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Doubt it was going to renew for another year next year anyway.

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

I wonder what happens to all the women.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Frank Shamrock is on suicide watch

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Meh, even though it may be true, I'd hardly consider BJPenn.com a reliable source. They're widely known to steal stories and not credit the source.They're basically a news aggregate like the PG.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Meh, even though it may be true, I'd hardly consider BJPenn.com a reliable source. They're widely known to steal stories and not credit the source.They're basically a news aggregate like the PG.

Ya I hear ya...but I saw a ton of fire on twitter and figured it was a good talking point and made sense.

Put bjpenn.com in the title as the grain of salt.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Crazy stuff. Hopefully the majority of these guys transition to the UFC and I can see all the women going to Invicta which will be huge for them.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Only when its motivated

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

As anyone who saw Fight Factory would know, this will come as a relief to the top tier fighters stuck in Strikeforce due to their contracts and the Strikeforce-Showtime contract.

But Iim not sure if this is really the truth. Does Showtime want this done? They are the key player it seems.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by fullerene

As anyone who saw Fight Factory would know, this will come as a relief to the top tier fighters stuck in Strikeforce due to their contracts and the Strikeforce-Showtime contract.

But Iim not sure if this is really the truth. Does Showtime want this done? They are the key player it seems.

I wonder the ratings Strikeforce pulled in for Showtime? Especially with Fedor gone.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by emfleek

Only when its motivated

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

So what else is left in the US? Just Bellator at least in regards to any type of "larger professional promotion"?

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

1st womens fight in the UFC:

Rhonda Rousey vs Cyborg

you heard it here first...now where's my money??!!

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

mma is declining.....the Yankees are gonna win the World Series again, Romney's gonna win and bring jobs back to America (if you call being a cashier at Walmart with no benefits a job).

Maybe December 2012 really is the apocalypse. uggghhhhhhhhh.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by bootyclause

mma is declining.....the Yankees are gonna win the World Series again, Romney's gonna win and bring jobs back to America (if you call being a cashier at Walmart with no benefits a job).

Maybe December 2012 really is the apocalypse. uggghhhhhhhhh.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]