MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shane Roller says he's retiring following UFC on FX 5 loss to Jacob Volkmann   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Following a quick submission loss at this past weekend's UFC on FX 5 card, it appears Shane Roller will retire.

The lightweight fighter on Monday said on his Twitter account that he has decided to move on to new things after his loss to Jacob Volkmann in Minneapolis on Friday night.

"Looks like I'm hanging up the gloves for good," Roller stated. "It was fun, but time to move on. Sux that it ended like that. Now startn (sic) the next chapter!!"

Roller (11-7 MMA, 2-4 UFC) was stopped by Volkmann (15-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) at 2:38 of the first round with a rear-naked choke. The fight was part of the preliminary card of UFC on FX 5, which took place at Target Center. The fight aired on FUEL TV.

LINK

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I'll miss Shane for sure, he was always fun to watch. Good luck to him on whatever it is he's pursuing now

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Good Call on his part, he hasn't been the same since his illness, and I wouldn't want him to risk anymore of his well-being. WEC WILL NEVER DIE!

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Good Call on his part, he hasn't been the same since his illness, and I wouldn't want him to risk anymore of his well-being. WEC WILL NEVER DIE!

Hell yeah! War Roller

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Glad to hear this. He's looked shot for a while now.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Good luck

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

It was an HONOR seeing you knock out Thiago Tavares

Stay healthy and wealthy!

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

thats unfortunate. i thought the ufc was gonna cut him after this last loss but i guess retirement isn't too much different. i did like watchin the dude fight though.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

My guess is he'll be back at some point

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

My guess is he'll be back at some point

I could see it too, maybe by the summer, could see him try a comeback in a smaller circuit.

[View Full Version of this Page]