MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Dennis Hallman quietly cut?   [View Full Version]
shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

According to Hallmans wikipedia page he was cut yesterday due to his weight issues. I can't find any further information, he is still on the UFC.com roster but he's been removed from the wikipedia roster..? I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable of sources so can anyone else confirm this?

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I can't confirm this but if he's having weight cut issues, why not move up to Welterweight?

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

The sounding of it from Dana, seemed like Hallman wasn't going to fight again.

Also this was more personal issues from reading a little about this, more than weight issues.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

hallman could retire and avoid any embarrassment of being cut. the guy has been around for a long long time. many of his early opponents have already retired. he could stick with coaching and be ok.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by tcunningham

hallman could retire and avoid any embarrassment of being cut. the guy has been around for a long long time. many of his early opponents have already retired. he could stick with coaching and be ok.

I don't really see getting cut as embarrassing anymore. We've seen it so many times where you get cut, win a few fights and you're right back in the big show either by having a fight scheduled weeks in advance or by being a late fill in. Seems like when you're a fill in you get at least 2 fights in the octagon

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tcunningham

I don't really see getting cut as embarrassing anymore. We've seen it so many times where you get cut, win a few fights and you're right back in the big show either by having a fight scheduled weeks in advance or by being a late fill in. Seems like when you're a fill in you get at least 2 fights in the octagon

I think Prophecy is prophetic here () - Hallman claimed to be having some personal issues which was causing disruption and consequently not cutting the weight on schedule. I'm not sure if it was a smoke screen or what, but he's good enough to do well in the secondary promotions and I'm pretty sure he'd get a call when his submission skills would make him an appropriate matchup. With the abundance of cards, the new cities, the new countries, and all the injuries...i could definitely see him filling in.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Don't think Dana would pay Hallman his win show and bonus(I think) if it was just Hallman missing weight.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tcunningham

The only times it's embarrassing is when you get cut for being boring, Even then, the UFC is the mecca of MMA fighters, so at least you got there in the first place.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

His wife has drug issues and apparenty Hallman is in a nasty custody battle with her, causing him to have a mental breakdown during his weight cut and he said he wouldn't even bother trying to make the fight if he didn't need the money so badly. Joe Silva told him to win some fights outside the UFC and they'd bring him back.

941_Florida_Boy » Posted 5/17/09 9:17:00AM

I'm only upset b/c I wanted to see Hallman vs Matt Hughes 3... a way for both guys to end their career with some sort of dignity

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Posted by 941_Florida_Boy

I'm only upset b/c I wanted to see Hallman vs Matt Hughes 3... a way for both guys to end their career with some sort of dignity

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Sad to see a MMA stalwart get let go :/

[View Full Version of this Page]