MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Would you like to see fights from other MMA organizations (IFL for example) on the site for season 2?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 148 53%
No 131 47%

Important poll, please vote! Want to see other orgs featured?   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 3 4 5 [6] 7
buckndro » Posted 6/21/07 5:21:00PM

i think either just big fights from the other orgs or like wec elite an ifl or something of that sort

EddieBowers » Posted 6/22/07 5:20:00PM

I think putting other orgs on here is a great idea. This will enable us to follow more fighters, ones that are not stuck on contract with just UFC or what not. Not that there is anything wrong the UFC.

fullfighting » Posted 6/26/07 8:31:00PM

there are already a lot of smaller less popular leagues popping up and more and more will continue to form with the growth of the sport. It could really get confusing and somewhat pointless trying to keep track of it all. Just stay with the BIG BOYS.

tafillion » Posted 6/22/07 5:41:00PM

I am fairly new to MMA but I love the sport. I grew up with the mainstream sports like baseball, basketball, and football. I didn't know much about other types of sports. So I am excited now about becoming more familiar with MMA. By incorporating other organizations into the mix it forces me to get more familiar with the fighters that aren't as well known.

I believe it will help the sport grow a little bit more. Truthfully for the fans that enjoy MMA this is what we want to see happen anyway. It would force the fans that aren't as knowledgeable about the athletes to do more research. Obviously you couldn't do smaller orgs, it would have to be orgs such as elitexc, IFL, WEC, K1, and bodog. At least they are shows that are shown around the country if not the world. I am not sure about outside of the states.

I think this would be like Kaduey hinted to, a good way to weed out the less knowledgeable fans. This gives a fan that knows a lot about the MMA community a better shot at doing really well on this site. It makes it harder and more challenging. I myself am new and don't know as much as I would like but I enjoy a challenge.

pizanne9 » Posted 4/15/07 5:06:00PM

would definitely like to see more fights. Don't know if the IFL would work, but would love to see Elite, K1, Strikeforce... maybe bodog PPVs. WEC is another boarderline promotion.

LightsOut33093 » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00PM

if we do add other org's i hope its only WEC

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

why have 98 people voted no

are they ufc fanboys who refuse to watch any other mma? orgs like strikerforce/elite xc and the wec are BIG and have very good fighters and fights, alot of the fights are higher calibre than most ufc prelims so this makes no sense

DEFINATLY let us pick/wager on those 3 orgs

world_mma » Posted 5/28/07 7:18:00AM

Surely, its a must.....
It will be pretty barren waiting for UFC 74 after 73 - 49 (days or something near) is too long to wait.
It will bring the more knowledgeable and hard working members to the top of the rankings.

Who cares about the democracy? Close the poll whilst the majority want more orgs!!!

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Posted by CornishMMA

It's a very close vote. I think that probably speaks to the number of fans who only follow the UFC (and who either follow Pride too, or accept that it's "the other major organization" even if they don't follow it).

While I'd like to see more organizations represented here, for my own enjoyment, I'd hate to see that group of people written off by those of us who try to follow the sport more generally. It would hurt the sport for it to become an elitist "niche" sport that you either follow hardcore or not at all. Following the UFC, Pride, the WEC, the IFL, BodogFight, EliteXC, King of the Cage, Cage Rage, and everything else is a lot of work.

Anyway, having made a short story long, I still support having 2 "divisions" here at MMAPlayground, with the UFC being the "Major Leagues" (with Pride also, if it stays afloat and remains top-tier, or maybe WEC if it gets popular). The selection of what exactly would comprise the 2nd division would no doubt be another long thread all its own.

Ultimate_fighter » Posted 2/13/07 9:16:00PM

WEC, would be the best one if anything....

Ultimate_fighter » Posted 2/13/07 9:16:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

are they ufc fanboys who refuse to watch any other mma? orgs like strikerforce/elite xc and the wec are BIG and have very good fighters and fights, alot of the fights are higher calibre than most ufc prelims so this makes no sense

DEFINATLY let us pick/wager on those 3 orgs

man, im a huge ufc fan, i watc tons of different organizations of MMA. I mainly watch ZUFFA, tho... And im not the only UFC Fan that watches tons of MMA, this whole site of people probably watch everything almost!

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

I watch almost every event I can see, including seeing local MMA events and live events whenever I can muster up the cash.

My thoughts are these:

Do not cover IFL. Most of the fighters aren't very good or are unproven in higher MMA organizations. There are only a few fighters worth a damn, such as Bordecki, who is unbelievably amazing for being only 18, but he'd get squashed in anything but IFL.

Cover WEC, Elite Strikeforce, and Bodog. I love watching some of those events, and Elite seems to be getting some talent, as well as having some of the MMA legend fights that people get excited about. Although, probably a scar on their name over the Baroni incident. Bodog has some nice divisions, including women's, which would be rather fun to wager on. WEC for sure.

Mattyc » Posted 6/24/07 1:27:00PM

i would like to see WEC, a lot of ufc fighters are going to and from WEC

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by Mattyc

i would like to see WEC, a lot of ufc fighters are going to and from WEC

I was gainst it at first , but with there being such a long gap between UFC 73/74 ,and no Pride shows I agree. The WEC is on free TV .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

TheFoo » Posted 1/24/07 5:56:00PM

Posted by LR

Do not cover IFL. Most of the fighters aren't very good or are unproven in higher MMA organizations. There are only a few fighters worth a damn, such as Bordecki, who is unbelievably amazing for being only 18, but he'd get squashed in anything but IFL.

Cover WEC, Elite Strikeforce, and Bodog. I love watching some of those events, and Elite seems to be getting some talent, as well as having some of the MMA legend fights that people get excited about. Although, probably a scar on their name over the Baroni incident. Bodog has some nice divisions, including women's, which would be rather fun to wager on. WEC for sure.

I agree no IFL, for reasons mentioned. I'd like to see WEC, Strikeforce, Bodog, Cage Rage, and K1 MMA matches.

Pages: << 3 4 5 [6] 7

[View Full Version of this Page]