MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Would you like to see fights from other MMA organizations (IFL for example) on the site for season 2?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 148 53%
No 131 47%

Important poll, please vote! Want to see other orgs featured?   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
AO » Posted 1/26/07 7:56:00AM

Kind of on the same topic, if we know what the fights are going to be on TUF the week before couldnt we bet on those also?

jdubs » Posted 2/26/07 10:45:00PM

if any i would say just elite xc.

ufc » Posted 6/6/07 6:47:00PM

only wec its hard to know all the fighters as is

Nacho » Posted 1/19/07 1:01:00AM

No- No luchadors on MMA Playground pease. Only top fighters. There is definitely talent in other orgs., but UFC/Pride is top of the food chain. Following fighters in other orgs will only help players here with their picks when those fighters get called up to UFC/Pride. You can't make good picks unless you know something about the fighters. Admittingly, I'm unfamiliar with most up and comers.

LoSt » Posted 2/3/07 9:42:00PM

what I really think you should do is include some of the bigger FIGHTS from other cards. For example, not everyone on the upcoming strikeforce card is a big enough name necessarily to have the whole card count. But some of the big fights, like baroni shamrock, are definately worth including so I think you guys should put some of the big name fights up but not the whole card.

LoSt » Posted 2/3/07 9:42:00PM

and in response to AO those fights happen way before the show is broadcast so the results are already out there by the time the show airs.

MMA_MESSIAH » Posted 4/20/07 6:10:00PM

WEC would be nice,but please no IFL might be too much to keep up with JMO.

This might be a good idea.

Posted by LoSt

what I really think you should do is include some of the bigger FIGHTS from other cards. For example, not everyone on the upcoming strikeforce card is a big enough name necessarily to have the whole card count. But some of the big fights, like baroni shamrock, are definately worth including so I think you guys should put some of the big name fights up but not the whole card.

BigTomZ » Posted 6/21/07 8:14:00PM

Sorry I am just not into IFL. Overall the fights are not very entertaining and seem somewhat amateurish. I'm also not really digging the team concept. I tried to get into it, I tried to follow it, I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. It is also alot more to keep up with.

If we were to expand the organizations included here, I would like us to include Elite XC/Strikeforce/K-1. Especially if there are no more Pride events.

Perhaps we could include the big fights from smaller organizations.

unspoken » Posted 1/29/07 8:34:00PM

I would say WEC should be added, as a few of the Pride guys seem to be headed there.

Also Urijah Faber, Carlos Condit, Brock Larson, Jason Miller, Rob McCullogh, Paulo Filho, Jeff Curran and now Jens Pulver(he said tonight he's moving to 145) are all there. These are all names that MMA fans should know. I see people arguing about having mostly nobodies in these orgs, but you could make that argument for the UK UFC cards and the UFN cards that are included in the game, as they have a lot of unknown first timers on those shows. WEC gets my vote. Even this weekend's Strikeforce card would have been nice to do as well.

Please put the August 5th WEC show in the game, with Condit, Larson, Filho, and Curran all scheduled to compete, it shouldn't be that hard.

WarCreed » Posted 1/24/07 4:01:00PM

Posted by Svartorm

If they stop doing Pride, I think you should definitely start with another org, but like cowcatcher said, it should be an org everyone can watch. As of right now, I think the best bet would be the Elite XC/Strikeforce/K-1 alliance.

An idea I had which kind of fits in here is having "bonus" fights that don't count as an event themselves, but would be available for wagering fantasy $ on. A lot of people want to put fantasy $ on Baroni-Shamrock for instance, so why not make it an available fight to bet on, but not have it count for points? This would be cool for the big IFL fights as well, like Mo Smith vs. Ruas for example.

Wow excellent idea!!!
Coiuldn't of said it better.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

I think Hero's Bodog, and the ProElite Alliance should definitly be featured. IFL should come closely after.

mma75 » Posted 6/22/07 5:17:00PM

I think it should be all org that zuffa own ufc ,pride and wec

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by AO

Kind of on the same topic, if we know what the fights are going to be on TUF the week before couldnt we bet on those also?

The only thing with that is, that the fights arent usually announced until that show.
And besides that. The shows are taped before hand. If you really looked on the internet you could find out who won what. I mean think about it. These fighter dont go back to their camps and stay mum they tell their partners and coaches. It isnt that hard to find out who is winning before hand.

Pages: << 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

[View Full Version of this Page]