MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Heavyweight Geronimo dos Santos out at UFC 153, Gabriel Gonzaga without opponent   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Heavyweight Geronimo dos Santos (31-14 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been forced out of next week's UFC 153 event in Rio de Janeiro.

UFC officials today announced the scratch but did not reveal the reason for his removal.

That leaves Gabriel Gonzaga (13-6 MMA, 8-5 UFC) without an opponent for the card, but UFC officials did not announce whether a replacement fighter would be sought on such short notice.

Gonzaga could now potentially serve as a replacement opponent for Daniel Cormier at November's Strikeforce event, but Zuffa officials have yet to make an announcement for their intentions with "Napao."

LINK

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Bring back Cro Cop for a rematch?

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I hope they find a replacement for Gonzaga to face. There has to be a heavy weight out there willing to take the fight

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Wow. This card has been smacked around hard with the injury bug.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

WAR MANBEARPIG!

I hope they get him replacement.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

(31-14 MMA, 0-0 UFC)

thats a lot of experience outside the ufc, i have never heard of this guy before. hopefully he gets another chance so we can see how legit he is.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

Here is the answer for the Cormier dilemna. Cormier vs. Gonzaga in Strikeforce. The timing works out perfectly.

941_Florida_Boy » Posted 5/17/09 9:17:00AM

if Struve is able to possibly take this fight on short notice (and WIN ) he'd be on the fast track to a title shot 4 sure

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

bring back Arlovski

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

bring back Arlovski

UFC 151: Never Forget

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Wouldn't mind to se Cormier/Gonzaga just because I want Cormier to get that Strikeforce contrct shit over with and GG is a solid gatekeeper. Or put in Kongo or Rothwell or someone like that.

Samps » Posted 9/26/11 2:46:00PM

Cormier/Gonzaga. Wouldn't mind seeing this. Good test to see where Cormier will stack up when he does come over

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

bring back Arlovski

This.. and why not? he left Zuffa on a good note and all other HW's are held up.

Arlovski could beat a lot of those lower and mid tier guys in zuffa.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

A week notice. I bet they scratch the fight.
Meat head would take the fight but doubt Ufc gives it to him

Maybe Shawn Jordan

TerrorofsesameST » Posted 3/23/09 8:33:00AM

Kongo or Pat Barry!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]