1-3 2 9%
4-6 8 35%
7-9 5 22%
10-12 6 26%
13 or more 2 9%

4-6 PPV a year?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I was listening to Cheap Seats on the SRN and Savage brought up the Idea of moving to 4 PPV's a year Breen said he could see 6. All your other cards would be on Fuel FX and Fox. I love the Idea of 6 real big important PPV's. It would save the consumer (us) in PPV costs. It would allow the fighters who deserve to be on PPV to be there. Consumers would get a better value out of the PPV driving sales up. How do you guys and gals feel about it?

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I like the idea of 6 or 7 so I could go both ways on this one. I think what would make the big ppv possible would be cutting back the other ones so that they can start using the idea of alternates. Then if someone big got injured someone could be right there to replace them. Also, under this method they could have free fights a week before and/or after, with some confirmed fights and the rest can fall into place if an alternate isn't needed. A week before or after would work perfectly, both for training camps, and because more often than not the injury does not take place 9 days before the event. Perhaps 2 alternates even, then you really have things in place.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

It would be nice to have most cards essentially free anf the UFC could stop hasseling people when they want to view fights next day.....

But I do like the PPV format they have going on now and would like to see the UFC shift to a maybe half and half format at best. I voted 10 to 12 because I like how they are doing it now.

I dont want Fox MMA I want the UFC hosted on Fox and tbh if most of their money is made through Fox's name Fox becomes their boss, much like the difference between being a free enterprising Cab driver and being employed by a cab service.

One is going to guarantee you a paycheck, maybe one larger than what you make now, but now they have say so and are your boss. I want the UFC to feed itself, not being fed by Fox.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I like the idea of 6 or 7 PPV's myself. Just as long as the PPV's are stacked kind of how UFC 148&153 were suppose to be before all the injuries.
I do think the more events the better though. Like what we are going through right now, 4 UFC events in 4 weeks (UFC 152, Fuel Nottingham, FX 5, and UFC 153). I feel spoiled right now. After that we have to wait another month between events until Fuel Macao.
It just seems like sometimes the free shows are better than the PPV's. Not only on how they turn out but on paper leading into the event. I say just put together the 6 or 7 sweet PPV cards and keep feeding us FX, Fox and Fuel events like usual.
But I'm not sure what the terms are of the whole Fox, Fx, and Fuel airings. Like I mentioned I think the more overall events the better. The UFC has the roster for it, but if less PPV's mean less overall events well then I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I would do 4-6, only if they are stacked cards. They would be able to potentially have 1-2 title fights, and/or, 1-2 top contender matches on each then. I know I'd be more inclined to purchase a ppv, instead of watching it other ways , if the card had 3-4 big fights on it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I went 7-9

Gives me a chance to actually pay for more. You start going 13+ I just don't see myself paying $45 more than once every 2 months

Posted by JLS1980

I like the idea of 6 or 7 PPV's myself. Just as long as the PPV's are stacked kind of how UFC 148&153 were suppose to be before all the injuries.
I do think the more events the better though. Like what we are going through right now, 4 UFC events in 4 weeks (UFC 152, Fuel Nottingham, FX 5, and UFC 153). I feel spoiled right now. After that we have to wait another month between events until Fuel Macao.
It just seems like sometimes the free shows are better than the PPV's. Not only on how they turn out but on paper leading into the event. I say just put together the 6 or 7 sweet PPV cards and keep feeding us FX, Fox and Fuel events like usual.
But I'm not sure what the terms are of the whole Fox, Fx, and Fuel airings. Like I mentioned I think the more overall events the better. The UFC has the roster for it, but if less PPV's mean less overall events well then I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I think there are too many events right now. I used to be up on every single fight that was going on now I have no clue who half of the guys are. I think they tried to grow up too fast. Look at UFC 154 you take GSP Condit off that card and its no better then any of these free fights just passed or coming up. We NEVER get stacked cards any more.

Posted by ghandikush
I dont want Fox MMA I want the UFC hosted on Fox and tbh if most of their money is made through Fox's name Fox becomes their boss, much like the difference between being a free enterprising Cab driver and being employed by a cab service.

NFL seems to be doing just fine on Fox. They also talk about a roumor that Fox is kicking the idea of a rival to NBC sports and ESPN. If they had the UFC in that they would clearly have something others don't.

Posted by postman

I think there are too many events right now. I used to be up on every single fight that was going on now I have no clue who half of the guys are. I think they tried to grow up too fast. Look at UFC 154 you take GSP Condit off that card and its no better then any of these free fights just passed or coming up. We NEVER get stacked cards any more.

Well I did say 6 or 7 PPV's so that way they are stacked. And most people will know who those fighters are.

I said more overall events. And yeah I don't mind trying to follow/keep up with these fighters. There are 356 fighters that make up the 8 weight divisons in the UFC.
If there are less events it wouldn't make any sense to have a deep roster like that. Either fight them or get rid of them.
The UFC is actually pretty easy to keep up with in comparison to the Secondary League. I like doing that too. This is just my opinion and I guess there's diifferent strokes for different folks.

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by postman

Well I did say 6 or 7 PPV's so that way they are stacked. And most people will know who those fighters are.

I said more overall events. And yeah I don't mind trying to follow/keep up with these fighters. There are 356 fighters that make up the 8 weight divisons in the UFC.
If there are less events it wouldn't make any sense to have a deep roster like that. Either fight them or get rid of them.
The UFC is actually pretty easy to keep up with in comparison to the Secondary League. I like doing that too. This is just my opinion and I guess there's diifferent strokes for different folks.

Yeah I don't know. There are too many guys under UFC contract that just shouldn't be there. I wouldn't mind if they had them fighting on free cards but something has to be done about these watered down PPV's. I used to buy them all because they had star power. Cards like 151 was a joke and there reason it was put down was there was no star power. Everyone says I hope the UFC doesn't become boxing..............Well look around its starting to happen cards are less and less stacked. Remember UFC 68 Prelims featured fighters like Hamill, Fitch, Tibau, and Varner. The Main card was Kampmann vs McFedries, Sobral vs Lambert, Hughes vs Lytle, Franklin vs MacDonald, Sylvia vs Couture? Thats what I want to see more of.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

i would like to maybe have 1 PPV a year. they could a have a super card at the end of the year, but even then the card that they start off with probably wouldn't be the card we would actually see. there is way to many injuries and if they are free cards people wouldn't be able to complain as much when there is injuries.

just my 2 cents

Posted by postman

Yeah I don't know. There are too many guys under UFC contract that just shouldn't be there. I wouldn't mind if they had them fighting on free cards but something has to be done about these watered down PPV's. I used to buy them all because they had star power. Cards like 151 was a joke and there reason it was put down was there was no star power. Everyone says I hope the UFC doesn't become boxing..............Well look around its starting to happen cards are less and less stacked. Remember UFC 68 Prelims featured fighters like Hamill, Fitch, Tibau, and Varner. The Main card was Kampmann vs McFedries, Sobral vs Lambert, Hughes vs Lytle, Franklin vs MacDonald, Sylvia vs Couture? Thats what I want to see more of.

I agree with this post. There are a decent amount of guys that are under contract that shouldn't be. And I totally agree I don't want to pay for watered down PPV's. The most recent example is Roger Hollett vs Matt Hamill. At this point in time that is no where close to a worthy PPV Main card fight. I can pick apart almost every recent PPV but that's not necessary.
There are a total of 13 PPV's this year and would have been 14 if UFC151 wasn't cancelled. That's where I came up with my number 6 or 7 PPV's per year. I think it's safe to say if you paired every 2 PPV's together you'd get an epic event almost every time.

With my idea the most recent example-UFC150&152 together's Main card would look like this.

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort-Main
Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar-Co-main
Demetrius Johnson vs Joseph Benavidez
Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard

And use the Main card fights that shouldn't be on there and show them on the Prelims and Free show them. And occasionaly treat the free shows with a great main event. Sounds like a win win situation.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Once a month is good for me.
Or less.
But any more and I can't possibly afford to purchase every PPV.

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by postman

I agree with this post. There are a decent amount of guys that are under contract that shouldn't be. And I totally agree I don't want to pay for watered down PPV's. The most recent example is Roger Hollett vs Matt Hamill. At this point in time that is no where close to a worthy PPV Main card fight. I can pick apart almost every recent PPV but that's not necessary.
There are a total of 13 PPV's this year and would have been 14 if UFC151 wasn't cancelled. That's where I came up with my number 6 or 7 PPV's per year. I think it's safe to say if you paired every 2 PPV's together you'd get an epic event almost every time.

With my idea the most recent example-UFC150&152 together's Main card would look like this.

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort-Main
Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar-Co-main
Demetrius Johnson vs Joseph Benavidez
Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann
Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard

And use the Main card fights that shouldn't be on there and show them on the Prelims and Free show them. And occasionaly treat the free shows with a great main event. Sounds like a win win situation.

For sure I think 4-7 or even 8 wouldn't be bad Fox cards would be very good FX would be decent and Fuel chances are you would get a name or 2 but the place to find new comers

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i went with 10-12 but leaning toward a lower number, maybe 8-10 now that i really think about it. im ok with one PPV a month but no more. this 2 PPV a month shit is too expensive. it would be great if all the fights were free but thats a fantasy at this point. one PPV and one or two free events a month is good with me.

NaturalBornKiller92 » Posted 12/12/10 11:24:00PM

4–6 a year. Make star studded cards maybe once every two months and have freebies every other week to fill the gap.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]