MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After arrest, Brett Rogers gets rare second chance at Bellator 75   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

The police report paints an ugly picture. To read it is to put yourself there, in suburban Minneapolis, at 12:35 a.m. on June 29, 2011, by which point Brett Rogers has already done the things that will cost him his job, his self-respect, and, at least for a little while, his freedom.

You read it and you see Rogers – all 6-foot-4, 260 pounds of him – drunk and slurring his words as he talks to police officers in his driveway. You keep reading, and you see Tiuana, his wife of seven years, dazed and disoriented as she stumbles down the street in the dark, only to be picked up by officers who will later describe the "golfball-sized" bump above her left eye, the blood smeared on her face, the missing tooth. You see the couple's children, who will later tell a neighbor that they're scared to go home...

Full Story

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I think this story is a little late, considering Rogers has already had a fight with Bellator since his arrest...

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

after what he arrested and convicted of i will never be a fan (not that i ever was) and will hope to see him get KTFO until he retires.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by tcunningham

after what he arrested and convicted of i will never be a fan (not that i ever was) and will hope to see him get KTFO until he retires.

yup

UFC 151: Never Forget

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

You get your chance in 2 days. Looks like he's got a pretty tough opponent in Alexander Volkov. This fight will start off the Main Card at Bellator 75.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I would never put my hands on a women or child, but I think everyone deserves a second chance. I don't know his background or his wife's, but i will not judge a man at his worst.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Looks like after this fight, he'll be changing tires again....real quickly.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Rogers can eat shit for all I care

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

941_Florida_Boy » Posted 5/17/09 9:17:00AM

although i don't care for Rogers his fights are exciting

[View Full Version of this Page]